Businesses and private research institutes owning projects related to process innovation or organisational innovation may benefit from financial aid in the form of subsidies or repayable advances. The aid can cover a percentage of the eligible costs, depending on the size of the company and the type of project or initiative.
Applications for aid must be submitted using the online assistant available on MyGuichet.lu. Luxinnovation can provide help to set up your projects.
Who is concerned?
Financial aid is available for companies and private research institutes based in Luxembourg in connection with the following activities:
- process innovation, i.e. the implementation of a new or significantly improved production or distribution method;
- organisational innovation, i.e. the implementation of a new organisational method for business practices, workplace organisation or the company's external relations;
Terms and conditions
Companies and private research organisations must satisfy the terms and conditions that apply to all types of aid for research, development and innovation.
Only costs directly related to the process innovation or organisational innovation project are eligible, in particular:
- payroll expenses;
- expenses for instruments, materials, buildings if and for as long as they are being used for the project or programme;
- expenses for contractual research or research services, purchase of knowledge and patents or licences from external sources under conditions of full competition;
- additional overheads and other operating expenses (in particular, cost of materials, office supplies and similar products) incurred directly as a result of the project or programme.
How to proceed
Filing an application
The application for aid for process and organisational innovation is to be submitted using the online assistant available on MyGuichet.lu.
The person submitting the application (the applicants themselves or their representatives) must have a LuxTrust product (e.g. Token, Smartcard or Signing Stick) or an electronic identity card.
The application must be submitted before the commencement of the work.
How to create a business eSpace on MyGuichet.lu
There are 2 possible scenarios:
- The person submitting the application is a new user of MyGuichet.lu. They must:
- first register on MyGuichet.lu; and
- then create a business eSpace.
- The person submitting the application already has a private eSpace on MyGuichet.lu. They can directly create a business eSpace without having to register again.
Further information as well as tutorials in relation with the business eSpace are available in our dedicated help page.
The application for aid must namely include the following information and documents:
- the name and size of the company;
- a description of the project or programme, of the activity or investment, and of the related works and its innovative nature, including its start and end dates;
- a description of the economic valuation methods for the results of the project or programme, for the activity or the investment and the related operations, and its economic potential;
- the location of the project or programme, activity or investment and related operations;
- a list of the costs for the project or programme, activity or investment and related operations;
- the type and amount of aid necessary for the project or programme, activity or investment and related operations;
- any relevant piece of information that will allow the competent ministers to assess the qualities or specificities of the project or programme, activity or investment and related operations plus its incentive effect.
Each business which was established less than 3 years ago is required to provide a business plan.
Maximum amount of financial aid
The amount of aid will be calculated on the basis of the eligible costs of the project up to the following caps:
|Large company or large private research institute
|Medium-sized company or medium-sized private research institute
|Small business or small private research institute
|Process and organisational innovation in the service industry
|15 % *
*Large companies or large private research institutes can only benefit from the aid if they work together with one or more small or medium-sized businesses or private research institutes in the activities which are funded; the small or medium-sized businesses or private research institutes concerned must support at least 30 % of all allowable costs.
Payment of the aid
The capital subsidy and repayable advance are paid out after the completion of the project, programme or activity.
However, one or more advance payments may be made as the investments are made.
The application for payment of the aid is to be submitted using the online assistant available on MyGuichet.lu. This can be done in 2 different ways:
- in a detailed manner, where each individual cost is reported: to be used if there are 10 invoices or less to be declared; or
- in a summarised manner, where the total per type of cost is reported: to be used if there are more than 10 invoices to be declared.
Details of the documents to be provided depending on the cost statement templates are available under "Pièces à joindre à la démarche en ligne MyGuichet.lu de demande de paiement".
The person submitting the payment application (the applicants themselves or their representatives) must have a LuxTrust product (e.g. Token, Smartcard or Signing Stick) or an electronic identity card (eID).
Online services and forms
Financial aid application for companies
Payment claim procedure
Note: view tips for using PDF forms.
Who to contact
General Directorate - Industry, New Technologies and Research (Financing and State Aid)
Related procedures and links
User guide to the SME definition
on the website of the Publications Office of the European Union
Summary table of the different types of aid
Pdf • 567 Kb
Financial aid application procedure for businesses: List of attachments to be provided depending of the type of aid requested
Pdf • 465 Kb
What is the size of your company ?
Vidéo de Luxinnovation sur YouTube
Règlement (UE) modifié n°651/2014 de la Commission du 17 juin 2014
déclarant certaines catégories d’aides compatibles avec le marché intérieur en application des articles 107 et 108 du traité
Loi modifiée du 17 mai 2017
ayant pour objet 1. le renouvellement des régimes d'aides à la recherche, au développement et à l'innovation; 2. les missions de l'Agence nationale pour la promotion de l'innovation et de la recherche
An error occurred
Oops, an error has been detected during your form processing.