The aid scheme for SMEs also provides aid to businesses that are taking part in a trade fair or exhibition in Luxembourg for the first time, allowing them to cover the additional costs of renting, setting up and managing their stand.
Who is concerned
This aid is intended for small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) holding a business permit granted by the General Directorate for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (Direction générale des Classes moyennes) and which are not active in any excluded activity in accordance with the general terms and conditions applying to aid for SMEs.
The aid is granted within the framework of a first participation in a trade fair.
The costs must relate to the rental, set up and management of an exhibition stand.
In order to benefit from aid for a first-time participation in a trade fair, the business is required to comply with the general terms and conditions which apply to all types of aid for SMEs.
How to proceed
Filing the application
Applications for aid for a first-time participation in a trade fair must be submitted:
- via an online assistant available on MyGuichet.lu; or
- using an application file template.
Online application using an electronic assistant
The person submitting the application (the applicants themselves or their representatives) must have a LuxTrust product (e.g. Token, Smartcard or Signing Stick) or an electronic identity card.
The application must be submitted before the commencement of the work.
How to create a business eSpace on MyGuichet.lu
Two scenarios are possible:
- The person submitting the application is a new user on MyGuichet.lu and does not yet have an eSpace:
The creation of the eSpace is done in 2 steps:
- registration of a user;
- creation of a business eSpace.
- The person submitting the application is a user of MyGuichet.lu and already has a private eSpace: they will have to create a new business eSpace.
A tutorial in video or PDF format is available to guide you.
Application using the application file template
The complete application file, dated and signed by a person authorised to sign on behalf of the business, and the accompanying documents must be submitted before work starts on the project in electronic format to the General Directorate for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (Department for Support to SMEs).
Applications for aid must include the following information and documents:
- the name and size of the business (any document deemed necessary may be requested for the determination of the size of the business);
- a description of the project, including its start and end dates;
- the location of the project;
- a list of costs of the project;
- the form and the amount of financial aid required for the project;
- any other relevant information which would help the ministers in charge to understand the qualities or specificities of the project or programme and its incentive effect (invoices, proofs of payment, bank statements).
The business must grant the Minister of the Economy and the Minister of Finance the authority to verify with the Luxembourg Inland Revenue, the Registration Duties, Estates and VAT Authority and the Joint Social Security Centre that the business has not evaded its tax and social obligations. If not, the business must attach the certificates issued by these administrations providing proof that all tax and social charges have been duly paid.
Maximum amount of financial aid
The aid for a first-time participation in a national trade fair cannot exceed 25 %.
For each project, the amount of aid will not be less than EUR 1,000.
Payment of the aid
The capital subsidy and repayable advance are paid out after the completion of the project, programme or activity.
However, one or more advance payments may be made as the investments are made.
The application for payment of the aid is to be submitted using the online assistant available on MyGuichet.lu. This can be done in 2 different ways:
- in a detailed manner, where each individual cost is reported: to be used if there are 10 invoices or less to be declared; or
- in a summarised manner, where the total per type of cost is reported: to be used if there are more than 10 invoices to be declared.
Details of the documents to be provided depending on the cost statement templates are available under "Pièces à joindre à la démarche en ligne MyGuichet.lu de demande de paiement".
The person submitting the payment application (the applicants themselves or their representatives) must have a LuxTrust product (e.g. Token, Smartcard or Signing Stick) or an electronic identity card (eID).
The payment application must be submitted before the deadline indicated in the decision/agreement.
Forms / Online services
Pièces à joindre à la démarche en ligne MyGuichet.lu de demande de paiement
Who to contact
Ministry of the EconomyGeneral Directorate for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (Department for Support to SMEs)
Postal address :
B. P. 535, L-2937 Luxembourg
Phone : (+352) 247-74704