The declaration of agricultural land and the vineyard census serve as a basis for farmers and winegrowers to obtain certain aids, and to establish the amount of their social security contributions.
The data collected also helps to identify ecological focus areas.
These procedures are carried out by completing a form which must list cartographic changes concerning:
- agricultural and/or vineyard parcels;
- ecological focus areas located on arable land in the framework of Greening.
The forms represent the geographical part of the procedure. For the procedure to be complete, it must be accompanied by the alphanumeric part.
Who is concerned
This concerns farmers and winegrowers who:
- wish to receive one or more aids in relation to these declarations;
- must provide detailed data on their means of production used to calculate the economic size of their farm for the purpose of calculating their social security contribution.
The producer must be registered as a potential claimant in the database of the paying agency at the Ministry of Agriculture, Viticulture and Rural Development.
To do this, applicants must:
- be affiliated with the Joint Social Security Centre (CCSS) as a farmer or winegrower. However, some exceptions are possible;
- have their farm identified and listed in the central register of the Ministry of Agriculture, Viticulture and Rural Development;
- already have filed a surface declaration or a vineyard census the previous year, and therefore already appear on the list of recipients of the declaration forms. The receipt by post of the paper form and its explanatory documents confirms the inscription on the list.
Farmers or winegrowers who have not received the document at the time of the initial collective mailing must make themselves known either to the Rural Economy Department - Direct Payments Division or to the Wine Institute - Viticulture Section, depending on their case.
The administration concerned then decides how to process their request.
In addition to these basic conditions, the claimant must fulfil certain specific requirements in order to benefit from a given aid.
These requirements are specified in the ministerial directives made available to the claimants. This information is automatically sent by post to all farmers and winegrowers.
In order to benefit from full rate aids, claimants must submit their declaration by 15 May 2018 at the latest.
Beyond this date, the amounts of the aid paid in connection with the declaration of agricultural areas and the vineyard census are reduced in proportion to the delay.
How to proceed
Components of the declaration
A complete declaration must contain:
- the duly completed geographical part of the declaration of agricultural area or the vineyard census;
- the alphanumeric part of the declaration or the census.
Carrying out the procedure online
The geographical part must be established using the forms provided by the administration.
The alphanumeric part is available in electronic form on the "Agr-eform" portal.
This part of the procedure must contain:
- the claimant's personal data;
- a detailed declaration of the parcels under cultivation;
- a detailed declaration of the ecological focus areas (agricultural form);
- the livestocks kept (agricultural form);
- the vine population of the parcels (viticultural form);
- the aids chosen.
The terms of access to the alphanumeric part are sent by separate mail to the claimants.
Carrying out the procedure on paper
All farmers and winegrowers concerned receive, each year, a paper form (in 2 copies) accompanied by explanatory documentation. This form is composed of parts that are:
- already pre-filled by the administration;
- to be completed by the applicant.
Farmers or winegrowers who have not received a form and the associated information package for the initial collective mailing must, depending on their case, either contact the Rural Economy Department - Direct Payment Division or the Wine Institute - Viticulture Section to obtain a form.
The administration concerned then decides whether the applicant must/can file a declaration of agricultural area or vineyard census.
Producers who prefer to submit a declaration on paper must ensure that they file it with the competent authority, depending on their situation, either: