The goal of the survey is to collect data in order to establish statistics on farm structures in Luxembourg.
The collected data will mainly concern:
- the legal status of the farm;
- its staff and working times;
- all ancillary activities whether in relation to the agricultural activity or not.
Who is concerned
Farmers in the broad sense, i.e. farmers, viticulturists and horticulturists who run an agricultural undertaking have to participate in the survey.
The survey is mandatory for agricultural undertakings whose size exceeds one or more of the following thresholds:
- utilising an agricultural area of at least 3 ha (including arable land, permanent grassland, permanent crops and kitchen gardens);
- owning horticultural crops on an area of at least 0.25 ha, orchards of at least 0.30 ha or nurseries of at least 0.50 ha;
- operating vineyards of 1000 m² or more;
- have at least:
- 10 equine animals;
- 10 bovine animals;
- 10 ovine animals;
- 20 caprine animals;
- 40 pigs;
- 10 breeding sows (of more than 50 kg);
- 1,000 laying hens;
- 1,000 other poultry;
- 1,000 rabbits; or
- 50 beehives.
Farmers, viticulturists and horticulturists will receive the survey early April and have to send it back by 15 May at the latest.
How to proceed
Submitting the survey in paper format
Farmers can send back the paper form to the Agricultural statistics division at the Department for the rural economy together with the form Flächenantrag.
The viticulturists must send the form to the Institut Viti-Vinicole, together with the census for the cadastral register of vineyards.
Submitting the survey via MyGuichet
Farmers and viticulturists can also submit the survey via MyGuichet.