Guichet.lu is now offering to make an appointment with their reception desk.
Who is concerned
Anyone wishing to obtain information or to apply for or pick up their identity card (residents or non-residents) or driving licence at the Guichet.lu reception desk.
Before making an appointment online at the Guichet.lu reception desk, it is recommended that the person requesting the appointment consult
the terms and conditions for applying for an identity card or driving licence
, to ensure that he and/or the other persons concerned by the appointment:
Booking an appointment online is free of charge.
Please note: the application for an identity card or a driving licence however, is subject to a fee.
How to proceed
Booking the appointment
The applicant must make an appointment online using MyGuichet.lu. This can be done without using LuxTrust authentication.
The applicant must indicate his or her contact details:
- first and last names;
- if available, their 13-digit Luxembourg identification number (matricule), otherwise, their date of birth;
- email address and phone number;
- address and country of residence.
The applicant must indicate the reason for their application, i.e.:
- application for an identity card; or
- collection of the identity card; or
- application for a driving licence; or
- collection of the driving licence; or
- any other reason.
With respect to appointment bookings regarding identity cards, applicants must also indicate whether other people are concerned by the appointment and if so, the following information:
- the number of persons;
- in the case of an application made by a non-resident, whether the applicant is a minor;
- the contact details of all these persons.
All persons must be present at the appointment.
The applicant then selects the date and time of the appointment from the proposed time slots.
The applicant must certify that the data provided is correct and truthful.
Supporting documents for identity cards and driving licences
During the appointment, the applicant is required to present the following supporting documents:
- application for an identity card made by:
- a non-resident: recent residence permit of the applicant;
- a non-resident on behalf of a minor: a recent household composition certificate;
- collection of an identity card: the old identity card(s) and the application receipt;
- collection of a driving licence: the old driving licence and application receipt.
In addition and depending on the request, the applicant must bring other documents to the appointment. The applicant can easily find the necessary supporting documents by consulting the explanatory procedure concerned by their application, i.e.:
Supporting documents for other purposes
Depending on the reason for the appointment, the applicant must bring the necessary documents (identity document, bank statement, etc.) on the day of the appointment to help him/her as much as possible in his/her requests for information or in carrying out his/her procedures.
The administration's response
Once the request for an appointment has been validated, an appointment confirmation is sent to the applicant.
This document indicates:
- the reason of the application;
- the date and time of the appointment;
- the contact details of the applicant;
- the appointment reference number and the number of person(s) concerned by the appointment.
The applicant cannot have other appointments scheduled for the same type of request.
The applicant and accompanying persons must wear a mask as soon as they enter the Guichet.lu reception area.
Cancellation of an appointment
Appointment cancellations can be made online using MyGuichet.lu.
To cancel an appointment online, the applicant must indicate:
- the appointment reference number;
- their contact details: the same as those indicated when making the appointment (surname, first name, address, etc.).
Forms / Online services
Booking an appointment at the physical reception desk
Demande de rendez-vous à l'accueil physique de Guichet.lu
Vereinbarung eines Termins bei der Bürgerberatungsstelle
Who to contact