All applications for an inspection required by the airworthiness department of Luxembourg's Directorate of Civil Aviation (Direction de l'Aviation Civile – DAC) must be submitted using the "Inspection order" form.
This procedure applies to:
- all aircraft inspections carried out by an inspector from the DAC's airworthiness department for the purpose of classification, an airworthiness review, or the issuance of an airworthiness certificate for export outside the European Union (EU);
- all applications for a logbook, such as the journey log or aircraft, engine or propeller logbook(s).
Who is concerned
Any accredited organisation or any owner that:
- owns an aircraft that is registered in the Luxembourg aircraft register (LX-);
- wishes to import an aircraft whose registration in the Luxembourg aircraft register (LX-) was previously reserved.
Note: the term "owner" refers to any person who owns an aircraft registered in Luxembourg.
The request must be submitted 30 working days before the date on which the applicant wishes to have the inspection carried out.
The fees for these inspections are determined based on the time spent on the applicant's case, at a rate of EUR 130 per hour.
How to proceed
Filing the request
Anyone seeking an aircraft classification or an airworthiness review must use the "Inspection order" form. The completed and signed form must be sent to the DAC:
- by post; or
- by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supporting documents are requested by the inspector in charge of the classification or airworthiness review based on the application and the actual circumstances of the case.
Once the airworthiness department of the DAC has processed the application, the inspector in charge of the classification or airworthiness review will contact the applicant to determine when and where the inspection will take place.
Forms / Online services
Who to contact
Ministry of Mobility and Public WorksDirectorate of Civil Aviation4, rue Lou Hemmer
Postal address :
B.P. 283, L-2012
Phone : (+352) 247 74900Fax : (+352) 46 77 90Opening hours: from 8.30 to 12.00 and 13.00 to 17.00