Each document relating to initial or continuing airworthiness requiring approval from Luxembourg's Directorate of Civil Aviation (DAC), must be accompanied by the form "Application for document approval".
Who is concerned
Each approved organisation or owner that publishes a manual on initial or continuing airworthiness requiring the DAC's approval.
Note: the term "owner" refers to any person who owns an aircraft registered in Luxembourg.
The fees for these inspections are determined based on the time spent on the applicant's case, at a rate of EUR 130 per hour.
How to proceed
Filing an application/declaration
Prior to any approval of a manual, applicants must submit an application form for document approval to DAC's airworthiness department. The form can be sent by post or email to the following address: email@example.com.
Depending on their application, applicants must also provide the following associated manuals:
- CAME - Continuing Airworthiness Management Exposition;
- CAE - Combined Airworthiness Exposition;
- MOE - Maintenance Organisation Exposition;
- MTOE - Maintenance Training Organisation Exposition;
- POE - Production Organisation Exposition;
- AMP - Aircraft Maintenance Program;
- CMM/SMM - Compliance Monitoring Manual and/or Safety Management Manual;
- ATL - Aircraft Technical Log.
Once the airworthiness department of the DAC has processed the application, the inspector in charge of approval of the exposition manual(s), or any other document, will contact the approved organisation or owner for further information, if required.
Supporting documents are requested by the inspector in charge of the document review based on the application and the actual circumstances of the case.