Creative and/or interpretive artists, whether professional or not, may obtain a grant to carry out a particular project, internship or specific training activity.
In principle, this grant is not intended to support applicants in the everyday exercise of their art, but rather to finance exceptional projects of a certain length and having links with Luxembourg.
Who is concerned
Creative and/or interpretive artists, whether professional or not, are eligible for such grants.
Grants may be obtained only in order to carry out a precisely defined artistic project (support for artistic creation) with links to Luxembourg, or as support for advanced training and for artistic retraining (undergoing an internship or specific training).
People whose primary activity is the creation of works that are intended or used for purely commercial or advertising purposes, or works that are pornographic, instigate violence or racial hatred, attempt to defend crimes against humanity and, generally, go against public order and proper morals are not eligible for the grant.
Grants must be applied for no later than 2 months prior to:
- the start of the artistic training or retraining course; or
- or the end of the project's creation phase, in the case of a grant to support a creation.
Any application filed after the conclusion of the project, internship or training will be denied.
How to proceed
Submitting the application
Grants must be applied for in writing (by post or email) to the Ministry of Culture:
A completed questionnaire must be attached to the application. The questionnaire primarily concerns a specific description of the project, the forecast budget, the project's partners, phases and timetable, etc.
Applicants must also indicate, on the questionnaire, how the project for which they are seeking the grant is different from their regular artistic activity.
For internships and training courses, information must be provided about the institution.
Documents to be submitted with the application
Grant applications must indicate the last name(s), first name(s), date of birth, address and bank account number of the applicant, and be accompanied by:
- a detailed curriculum vitae (CV) certified true and correct and signed, with a copy of all documents and items to which it refers;
- a description of the nature of the artistic work, along with a summary portfolio of work created in the past, documented by photos, reproductions, or publications of the work;
- specific information about the project(s) that the applicant plans to complete with the help of the requested grant (detailed budget, timetable for completion) or specific information about the planned artistic training or retraining course;
- any press kits;
- any other information deemed necessary for reviewing the application.
Once submitted, the application is reviewed by a commission responsible for advising the Ministry of Culture.
- 21 January;
- 11 February;
- 18 March;
- 29 April;
- 20 May;
- 24 June;
- 15 July;
- 23 September;
- 21 October;
- 18 November;
- 2 December.
The processing procedure of such an application is usually spread over 2 consecutive sessions.
Note: the the complete file must be received at least one week in advance so that the request can be placed on the respective agenda.
Amount and payment of grants
The amount and schedule of payments for a grant is set on an individual basis by ministerial decision, in light of the application presented and after receiving the opinion of the consultative commission.
Forms / Online services
Questionnaire pour obtenir la bourse d'aide à la création, au perfectionnement et au recyclage artistiques