Application for financial aid for accessibility work or reasonable accommodation

Logo für leichtes Lesen

This internet page is also available in easy-to-read. Click on the image to access the document.

All other documents in easy-to-read are available here.

A financial aid package, paid in the form of a cash subsidy, is awarded, within the limits of budget appropriations, by the Minister responsible for disability policy, in support of work:

  • to improve accessibility to public spaces, where such work involves:
    • existing public spaces, or premises within an existing built-up area; or
    • the creation of a public space, or a collective residential building by changing its assigned use;
  • for the purpose of rational development.

Such aid may also be granted for studies, consultancy services and expert assessments in connection with these types of work.

Who is concerned

The persons responsible for the accessibility improvement or reasonable accommodation works may apply for financial aid. These persons may be:

  • natural persons; or
  • legal persons established under private law; or
  • public legal persons other than the State.


In order to be eligible for this financial aid, applicants must:


The application for financial aid must be filed within 5 years of 1 July 2023.

The work, studies, consultancy services and expert assessments must be completed within 8 years of 1 July 2023.

These deadlines do not apply to an application for financial aid for reasonable accommodation.

How to proceed

Filing an application

The application for financial aid must be filed by the person in charge of the accessibility improvement work through or the mobile app to the minister responsible for disability policy (see under 'Forms / Online services' below).

This is a procedure with authentication that requires:

  • a LuxTrust product (Token, Smartcard or Signing Stick); or
  • an electronic identity card (eID).

Supporting documents

Applications must be accompanied by an itemised quotation for the works, studies, consultancy services and expert assessments in question.

Depending on the project in question, the applicant must also attach a building permit, or a certificate attesting that the building plans are compliant, together with a detailed description of the planned accessibility improvement work.

Processing the application

The financial aid will be granted:

  • once for each:
    • existing public space, or premises within an existing built-up area;
    • project to create a public space or a collective residential building by changing its assigned use;
    • reasonable accommodation;
  • only for:
    • projects carried out in Luxembourg;
    • studies, consultancy services and expert assessments carried out in Luxembourg or in a European Union (EU) Member State, a European Economic Area state, or the Swiss Confederation.

Before the financial aid can be paid, an itemised invoice for the accessibility improvement works must be submitted to the minister for Family Affairs, Integration and the Greater Region, who will check that it matches the quotation received previously.

The minister reserves the right to adjust the amount of the financial aid or refuse payment if:

  • the invoice amount differs significantly from the quoted amount; or
  • no invoice has been submitted, or any other required document is missing.

Amount of aid

The financial aid amounts to 50 % of the ex. VAT costs of the work, studies, consultancy services and expert assessments in question. However, under no circumstances will it exceed EUR 24,000 per site or per accommodation project.

Forms / Online services

Demande d'aide financière pour des travaux de mise en accessibilité ou un aménagement raisonnable

Les informations qui vous concernent recueillies sur ce formulaire font l’objet d’un traitement par l’administration concernée afin de mener à bien votre demande.

Ces informations sont conservées pour la durée nécessaire par l’administration à la réalisation de la finalité du traitement

Les destinataires de vos données sont les administrations compétentes dans le cadre du traitement de votre demande. Veuillez-vous adresser à l’administration concernée par votre demande pour connaître les destinataires des données figurant sur ce formulaire. Conformément au règlement (UE) 2016/679 relatif à la protection des personnes physiques à l'égard du traitement des données à caractère personnel et à la libre circulation de ces données, vous bénéficiez d’un droit d’accès, de rectification et le cas échéant d’effacement des informations vous concernant. Vous disposez également du droit de retirer votre consentement à tout moment.

En outre et excepté le cas où le traitement de vos données présente un caractère obligatoire, vous pouvez, pour des motifs légitimes, vous y opposer.

Si vous souhaitez exercer ces droits et/ou obtenir communication de vos informations, veuillez-vous adresser à l’administration concernée suivant les coordonnées indiquées dans le formulaire. Vous avez également la possibilité d’introduire une réclamation auprès de la Commission nationale pour la protection des données ayant son siège à 15, boulevard du Jazz L-4370 Belvaux.

En poursuivant votre démarche, vous acceptez que vos données personnelles soient traitées dans le cadre de votre demande.

Who to contact

Double click to activate the map

We are interested in your opinion

How would you rate the content of this page?

Last update