Last update 11.06.2018
A government programme has been in place since the 2016-2017 school year to provide financial assistance to parents that covers the tuition fee for music education.
The full amount of the tuition fee for children meeting the conditions described below is reimbursed, with the exception of non-resident taxes.
Who is concernedParents of children attending a music school whose curriculum is recognised by Luxembourg law may request financial assistance from the government covering the tuition fee for the school.
In order to receive financial assistance from the government covering the tuition fee for music education:
- the child for whom the assistance is requested must be enrolled in a music school whose curriculum is recognised by Luxembourg law;
- the child must be under the age of 14 on 1 January of the school year for which the fee is being paid;
- the household must have gross income less than 3.5 times the social minimum wage for unskilled workers.
The upper threshold for household revenue is increased by EUR 500 for each dependent child under the age of 18, starting with the second child.
Requests for financial assistance must be filed with the Commission for Music Education (Commissariat à l’enseignement musical) no later than 1 January of the current school year.
For music schools with 2 invoicing periods, a new request must be sent no later than 1 July of the current school year.
It should be noted that parents must submit a new request for each invoicing period, including the completed form as well as the required supporting documents.
How to proceed
Submitting the request
To request financial assistance from the government covering the registration fee for music education, parents must fill in and send the specific form for this purpose to the Commission for Music Education. This form is made available when enrolling a child at a music school whose curriculum is recognised by Luxembourg law.
The form is also available for download and can be submitted either by postal mail or via MyGuichet.
The following supporting documents must be submitted with the form:
- the detailed invoice for the tuition fee drawn up by the music school or the communal administration.
Note that details of the registration fees for the course(s) in which the child is enrolled, and where applicable the non-resident tax, are usually provided on the back of the invoice or as an attachment to this document;
- proof of payment of the invoice: receipted invoice or debit advice;
- recent documentation concerning the household’s gross income (for example, payslips or pension, unemployment benefit or guaranteed minimum income statements for the last 3 months, the most recent income tax statement for freelance workers, etc. for the applicant and, where applicable, the latter’s spouse/partner);
- for non-residents, the household composition certificate.
Requests deemed incomplete due to missing required materials will not be processed.
Granting of financial assistance
Financial assistance is paid to beneficiaries from the second trimester of the school year for which the request was submitted.
Forms / Online services
Demande d'aide étatique pour subvenir au minerval de l'enseignement musical
Who to contact
Commission for Music Education - Department of Tuition Fee Subsidies2, rue Sosthène Weis
Phone : (+352) 247-86638 / 86629 / 86611 / 88610 / 86618Fax : (+352) 26 12 32 15