Without volunteers, it would not be possible to run emergency services in Luxembourg.
Emergency services in Luxembourg are grouped together in the Grand Ducal Fire and Rescue Corps (Corps grand-ducal d'incendie et de secours - CGDIS). Volunteer and professional firefighters of the CGDIS carry out civil safety missions (firefighting, rescue of persons, first aid, rescue operations with respect to property and animals).
Who is concerned
Any person who wishes to volunteer in the emergency services.
Volunteer firefighter trainees within a unit of the CGDIS have to:
- be 16 years of age at least and provide a written consent of their legal guardian if they are still a minor;
- satisfy the conditions of physical and medical fitness;
- have been to the orientation interview;
- have a physical presentation which is compatible with the position and the uniform (no tattoos or scarifications etc. which show that the person is belonging to a political, union or religious organisation, or any other association, or which interfere with the duty of discretion, loyalty and exemplarity);
- provide an extract from the criminal records and not have been convicted to a sentence which is incompatible with the performance of their duties;
- work on-duty hours at the fire station or be on-call duty from home;
- complete initial training.
How to proceed
Filing an application
In order to submit their application, candidates must complete a membership agreement. The document may be obtained from an emergency services centre. It is also possible to fill out the agreement online on the CGDIS website or to obtain further information at 49771-2332.
Forms / Online services
Notice to users of the Google Chrome browser version 80: there are currently problems with the electronic signature of MyGuichet.lu forms if you use this browser. Please switch to another browser to complete your online process.
Thank you for your understanding
Adhésion auprès des services de secours