The Environment Agency (Administration de l’environnement) grants subsidies for energy efficiency enhancement works.
Depending on the scope of the works, applicants may choose between 2 aid application procedures for the energy efficiency renovation of a residential building:
- one based on an energy consultant's report; or
- one that does not entail an energy consultant's report and is limited to a single construction element of the thermal envelope.
This Klimabonus aid can only be granted once and only for a residential building located in Luxembourg.
Who is concerned
Any person who wishes to improve the energy performance of their residential building, that is, any:
- natural person;
- legal person established under private law;
- public legal person other than the State.
Applicants may be:
- the legal representative of a group of natural or legal persons, provided that the legal representative is part of this group;
- the person(s) who own(s) the residence, except when there is a change of ownership and the new owner of the residence and/or technical installation forgoes the aid in question for the benefit of the former owner who made the investments.
Subsidies are granted for energy efficiency renovation works for which invoices are issued between 1 January 2022 and 31 December 2029.
The first application for an agreement in principle must be submitted between 1 January 2022 and 31 December 2025 inclusive.
Applications for the financial aid must be filed with the Single point of contact for housing assistance within 4 years as of 31 December of the calendar year in which the invoice was issued.
How to proceed
Filing the application
Applications for the grant must be filed with the Single point of contact for housing assistance (Guichet unique des aides au logement).
Energy efficiency renovation of a residential building based on an energy consultant's report
The energy consultant's report provides applicants with an energy performance assessment of their current residential building. A set of potential renovation measures are proposed to achieve a higher energy classification (class A, B or C). Applicants then choose the renovation measures they would like to implement based on their needs and budget.
Energy efficiency renovation of a residential building that does not entail an energy consultant's report and is limited to a single construction element of the thermal envelope
This simplified procedure allows applicants to quickly renovate a single element without the need for an energy performance assessment. This single element may be:
- the pitched or flat roof; or
- an external wall; or
- the ceiling slab in contact with an unheated zone; or
- the floor slab in contact with an unheated zone, the ground or the exterior; or
- a wall in contact with an unheated zone or the ground; or
- windows and French windows.
If the applicant wishes to renovate an additional element, an energy performance assessment will be required.
Good to know
The Klimabonus scheme applies to the sustainable energy efficiency enhancement of residential buildings older than 10 years from the date of issue of the building permit.
For energy performance assessments carried out prior to 31 December 2021, the previous PRIMe House aid scheme still applies.
Who to contact
Ministry of HousingSingle point of contact for housing assistance11, rue de Hollerich
Phone : (+352) 8002 10 10Fax : (+352) 458 844Reception: Mon.-Fri. from 8.00 to 12.00 and from 13.30 to 16.00 – Thurs. from 8.00 to 17.30 / Telephone: Mon.-Fri. from 8.00 to 16.00