Last update 06.08.2018
Luxembourg has set up "myenergy", a national structure whose role is to be a partner and public reference facilitator to mobilize and support Luxembourg's society towards a rational and sustainable use of energy.
Supported by the Ministry of the Economy, the Ministry of Sustainable Development and Infrastructures and the Ministry of Housing, myenergy is structured as a public interest economic group (groupement d'intérêt économique - GIE). The membres of the group are the Luxembourg State, the Order of Architects and Consulting Engineers and the Chamber of Skilled Trades and Crafts.
The group's activities target:
- the reduction of energy consumption;
- the promotion of renewable energies;
- sustainable construction and housing;
while contributing to the national economic development.
myenergy acts as a partner for all energy consumers and supports them in their efforts for a rational and sustainable use of energy.
myenergy also acts as a facilitator for energy-related sectors and aims to contribute to tailored solutions that promote a more rational and sustainable energy use.
myenergy intends to valorize the insights gained through behaviour analysis of different consumer groups and energy actors and support the national policies of the sectors concerned.
Who is concerned
myenergy propose ses services de conseil aux particuliers, entreprises et communes ainsi qu’aux experts du domaine de l’énergie et de la Construction.
Thanks to its team of energy consultants, myenergy is able to offer a basic consultation service, free of charge, to private individuals seeking information on the following topics:
- sustainable energy renovation of existing homes;
- the construction of new sustainable dwellings;
- promotion of renewable energy sources (solar, photovoltaic, and wood heating, heat pumps, etc.);
- day-to-day energy savings;
- the energy performance certificate
- the terms of available state financial aids (PRIMe House, low-rate and zero-rate climate loans, LENOZ certification);
- the various aid available from municipalities and third parties.
How to proceed
A home visit from a myenergy advisor can address some of the steps that need to be taken, including available financial help, before making decisions on a renovation or sustainable construction project.
Thanks to the personalized basic advice, it is possible to approach personal questions and projects, and be guided through the array of services and techniques available that correspond to these specific needs.
Anyone who wishes to arrange a personalised consultation may contact myenergy directly either:
- by dialling the toll-free Hotline number, 8002 11 90, from Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. (except on public holidays);
- by using the form on myenergy.lu ;
- by making an appointment with a myenergy infopoint, a basic energy advice proposed in collaboration with the municipality of residence. This service is offered at home or in the commune's office.