This subsidy is intended to help students, who find themselves in a situation of psycho-social distress, continue their studies to the point of obtaining:
- a school-leaving diploma; or
- a technician's diploma; or
- a vocational aptitude diploma; or
- a certificate of vocational ability; or
- a diploma for the last level in secondary education.
This subsidy cannot be combined with the low-income household subsidy.
Who is concerned
The following students may apply for a stay-in-school subsidy, offered by the Psychosocial and Scholastic Assistance Centre (Centre psycho-social et d'accompagnement scolaires - CePAS):
- adults under 30 years of age at the time of application for the subsidy;
- students in full-time schooling or in a concurrent education programme in the general or classic secondary-education system, in a Luxembourg public secondary education establishment, or in a contractual private education establishment applying the Luxembourg public education curriculum.
To obtain the subsidy, the student of legal age must:
- be living alone;
- be in a situation of psycho-social distress;
- have rent to pay;
- be attending school or a concurrent education programme on a full-time basis;
- be followed by the SePAS of their school establishment;
- not hold a:
- classic secondary school-leaving diploma;
- general secondary school-leaving diploma;
- a technician's diploma;
- vocational aptitude diploma;
- certificate of vocational ability;
- another diploma for the last level in secondary education.
The application for the subsidy may be filed at any time during the school year.
How to proceed
Filing an application
Eligible students may arrange a meeting with their school's Psychosocial and Scholastic Assistance Service (SePAS), which will assist them with filling in their application.
At the meeting, a social and financial report will be drawn up by a social support worker.
A full dossier will then be sent by the SePAS to the CePAS, for checking and approval purposes.
Applications which do not meet the psycho-social distress criteria will be refused. Applicants are informed of the reasons for the refusal.
Amount of financial aid
The stay-in-school subsidy paid in the student's bank account contains the following elements:
- EUR 598.85 per month for living costs;
- EUR 735.43 per month at the most for rental costs;
- EUR 94.55 per month at the most for additional private rental expenses;
- EUR 105.06 per school term for school materials.
Any other income the student may have will be deducted from these reference values.
Who to contact
Psychosocial and Scholastic Assistance Centre29, rue Aldringen
Postal address :
B.P. L-2926 Luxembourg
Phone : (+352) 2477-5910Fax : (+352) 454544
The Psychosocial and Scholastic Assistance Service (Service psycho-social et d'accompagnement scolaires – SePAS)58, boulevard Grande-Duchesse Charlotte
Please click on the WWW icon below to find the competent service.