In order to facilitate the registrations with the health reserve, this procedure aims to identify all health professionals, on a voluntary basis, who did not register during the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Registered health professionals will be contacted by the health reserve team of the Ministry of Health according to the needs identified in the field.
All persons who will be activated through the health reserve will benefit from an agreement or contract, depending on:
- their place of assignment; and
- the option they choose.
Who is concerned
The Ministry of Health's call for registration on the health reserve list is addressed to every health professional who did not register during the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.
How to proceed
Registrations can be made online on the GovJobs portal (soon available in German too).
Registrations are divided in 4 groups:
- general practioners;
- specialised dentists;
- regulated healthcare professions;
Possible assignment locations
There are 2 types of assignment locations:
- external location:
- home assistance and care networks;
- accommodation establishment for the elderly or the disabled;
- internal location:
- contact tracing;
- COVID-19 consultation centres;
- COVID-19 testing centres;
- vaccination centres.
Follow-up to registration
Actors in the field indicate their staffing needs to the Ministry of Health's health reserve team.
The team health reserve management team then sends requests by email or through surveys to the health professionals who have registered on the health reserve lists and according to the profiles sought by the different entities.
These surveys provide information on:
- the requesting entity;
- the health professions and the profiles sought;
- the description of the tasks to be carried out.
After taking part in the survey, the health reserve team sends the requesting entities lists of people who are potentially interested and who meet the required profile.
Subsequently, the requesting entities themselves select the people on the list who best suit their needs.
Types of contracts offered to volunteer health professionals if they are activated through the health reserve
Given the multitude of situations that may arise, contracts, agreements and funding are managed by:
- the applicant entity; or
- the team managing the health reserve.
In addition, for:
- internal entities (contact tracing, hotline, COVID-19 consultation centres, COVID-19 testing centres, vaccination centres) several formats are possible:
- fixed-term paid contracts as a State employee for medical and health professions;
- voluntary agreements: payment of a one-off bonus;
- voluntary work agreements: no remuneration;
- fee-for-service and availability bonus: doctors who work in COVID-19 consultation centres;
- external entities (laboratories, hospitals, home assistance and care networks, accommodation facilities for the elderly):
- paid contracts are offered to people selected by the above-mentioned entities.