In order to take the theory test, it is necessary to make an appointment with the National Society for Automobile Traffic (Société Nationale de circulation automobile - SNCA).
Who is concerned
The theory test for the driving licence is open to anyone who :
- is a resident of Luxembourg; and
- is at least 17 years old.
To make an appointment to take the theory test, it is necessary to:
- be registered with an approved driving school;
- have a learner's certificate (with a file number);
- have completed the minimum theoretical training required for the category requested.
Accompanied driving for the category B licence does not exempt you from having to take the theory test for the driving licence.
The appointment must be made at least one week before the chosen test date.
Making an appointment for the theory test is free of charge.
How to proceed
Filing an application
- make an appointment online via MyGuichet.lu with or without a LuxTrust product;
- cancel their appointment via MyGuichet.lu;
- make an appointment by telephone or by email directly with the SNCA.
The theory test can:
be taken in one of the following languages: Luxembourgish, French, German, Portuguese or English at one of the SNCA's sites:
the test must repeat half the mandatory theory hours before they can take the test again. An
application to resit the theory test
must be submitted together with a payment of the EUR 30 tax stamp. The EUR 30 tax stamp must also be paid in the event of an unexcused absence from the test.
Forms / Online services
Prise de rendez-vous pour l’examen théorique du permis de conduire
Annulation de rendez-vous pour l’examen théorique du permis de conduire
Prise de rendez-vous pour l’examen théorique du permis de conduire sans authentification LuxTrust
Annulation de rendez-vous pour l’examen théorique du permis de conduire sans authentification LuxTrust
Who to contact