Last update 01.09.2021
This internet page is also available in plain language. Click on the image to access the document.
All other documents in plain language are available here.
Please note that the documents in plain language are available in German only.
Adapto is an occasional passenger transport service. It is aimed at persons whose reduced mobility, disability or permanent impairment is such that they are unable to travel independently, either with their own vehicle or on public transport.
It supplements the public transport system by providing transport via specially equipped minibuses.
Who is concerned
Anyone who resides in Luxembourg, is at least 12 years of age, and who:
- has a permanent disability; or
- has a physical, mental, sensory or psychological impairment; or
- suffers from severely reduced mobility; or
- suffers from a progressive illness.
The service is intended for occasional journeys.
The person must be permanently unable to travel by other means of transport, whether public or private.
Since 1 March 2020, Adapto transport services are free of charge.
How to proceed
Submitting the application
To use the Adapto services, the applicant must:
- complete, date and sign the Adapto card application form that is available online (see under "Forms / Online services");
- see a physician to have them complete, date and sign the medical certificate attached to the form.
The medical certificate must be recent and no older than 3 months.
The duly completed form must then be sent to:
Ministère de la Mobilité et des Travaux publics
Administration des transports publics, Service Adapto
If the application is accepted, the applicant receives an access card. This card entitles its holder to use the Adapto transport service.
Booking the transport service
The Adapto service is only available for trips within Luxembourg.
Users must book their trips in advance using a single platform which can be reached:
- by calling the "Mobilitéitszentral" booking centre on 2465-2465;
- online at www.adapto.lu;
- using the mobile app.
Users now have the possibility of booking an Adapto vehicle for transport the same day (up to 2 hours before the desired departure). In the case of travel the same day, it is necessary to book the transport service by phone on: 2465-2465.
Please note that Adapto services are intended for occasional trips. The travel limit is set to 360 trips per year and beneficiary (booking a return trip is counted as 2 trips).
Note that in certain cases, the client is not authorised to travel on his or her own. They must be accompanied by a person of their choice throughout the journey.
The transport service is available:
- Monday to Thursday from 7.00 to 22.00;
- Friday and Saturday from 7.00 to 24.00;
- Sunday and public holidays from 7.00 to 22.00.
On 24 December, the transport services cease to operate at 20.00.
Forms / Online services
Demande d'accès pour l'utilisation du service de transport adapté ADAPTO