Building and accommodation conversions statistics
Building and accommodation conversions statistics are a comprehensive set of statistics used to collate data on all residential and semi-residential building conversions, including information on their characteristics, such as:
- construction method;
- type of heating;
- type of roofing;
- surface area;
Who is concerned
All property owners and project owners who have applied for a building conversion permit will be contacted by the National Institute for Statistics and Economic Studies (Institut national de la statistique et des études économiques – STATEC) to take part in a survey.
The building permits in question are issued by the various Luxembourg communes and then forwarded to STATEC. The permits apply to residential and semi-residential buildings.
Before taking part in the survey, the parties concerned will be sent a letter containing an access code provided by STATEC. The parties in question must have received this invitation letter in order to take part in the survey,
The questionnaire for the survey on building and accommodation conversions must be filled in by the deadline specified in the invitation letter.
How to proceed
Responding to the questionnaire
The STATEC invitation letter contains:
- an access code that is required to open the online questionnaire via MyGuichet.lu; and
- a hardcopy (paper) version of the questionnaire, along with a return envelope, should the respondent prefer to reply by post.
Respondents should only fill in one questionnaire (either the online version via MyGuichet.lu, or the hardcopy (paper) version).
If you experience any problems with the questionnaire, please contact STATEC.
General information about the online questionnaire on MyGuichet.lu
For those who wish to respond to the questionnaire online, 2 options are available:
- respond with MyGuichet.lu authentication, using your LuxTrust credentials: respondents will be able to interrupt their session and resume filling in the questionnaire at a later time;
- respond without MyGuichet.lu authentication: respondents will not be able to interrupt their session and resume at a later time.
Obligations and sanctions
Taking the survey is mandatory.
Failure to respond or willingly providing false information may lead to financial sanctions. The purpose of this legal requirement is to enhance the quality of the statistics produced, by ensuring that STATEC can collect reliable and sufficiently representative data on the resident population.
Data Controller and purpose of processing
Personal data is processed by STATEC. The building and accommodation conversions statistics are used to:
- keep the Register of Buildings and Dwellings (Registre des Bâtiments et des Logements - RBL) up to date;
- publish analytical reports on the collected data.
Lawfulness of processing
The processing complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The personal data that is collected will be permanently erased within a maximum of 3 years after it is collected.
During that time, the data will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Such data will only be used for purely statistical purposes, and in no circumstances will it ever be disclosed.
STATEC has also implemented a number of technical and organisational measures to protect personal data, including measures to secure computerised processing, and to restrict access rights to data handled by STATEC staff.
Source of personal data
STATEC refers to the building permits it receives from the communes to collect property owners' and project owners' contact details so that it can get in touch with them.
In case of disagreement regarding the protection of personal data
In the event of disagreement regarding the protection of your personal data, you may contact STATEC's Data Protection Officer (DPO):
- by post: DPO, STATEC, B.P. 304, L-2013 Luxembourg;
- by phone: 247-88 492;
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, survey respondents have the following rights:
- the right to access their data;
- the right to have their data rectified or erased;
- the right to restrict processing, or to object to processing, of their personal data;
- the right to data portability.
They may also lodge a complaint with the National Commission for Data Protection (Commission Nationale pour la Protection des Données – CNPD):
- by post: CNPD, 15 Boulevard du Jazz, L-4370 Belvaux;
- by phone: 26 10 601.
Forms / Online services
Survey in relation to the statistic on the transformation of buildings and dwellings
Enquête sur la statistique des transformations des bâtiments et logements
Erhebung zur Statistik über die Umwandlungen von Gebäuden und Wohnungen
Who to contact
National Institute for Statistics and Economic Studies (STATEC)13, rue Erasme
Postal address :
Opening hours : 08.30 - 11.30 and 13.30 - 16.30 (or by appointment)Phone : (+352) 247-84219Fax : (+352) 46 42 89