- constructions in green areas;
- destruction, reduction of biotopes;
- protection of wild fauna and flora;
- disposal of waste and materials;
- hunting activities;
- fishing activities;
- protection of forests.
Who is concerned
Any natural or legal person who finds an irregularity in a third party's activities.
The administrative complaint must relate to one of the following:
- violation of the law on the protection of nature and natural resources:
- constructions in green areas;
- wild fauna and flora;
- waste disposals, etc.;
- violation of the law on hunting:
- feeding of wild game;
- marking of wild game;
- opening of the hunting season, etc.;
- violation of the laws on fishing:
- opening of the fishing season;
- fishing licence;
- quantities, etc.;
- violation of the law on the protection of forests:
- clear-cutting of deciduous forests;
- excessive felling, etc.
- the Environment Agency (Administration de l’environnement) in the case of administrative complaints in the following areas: noise, atmospheric pollution, waste management, classified establishments, the marketing and/or use of chemical substances and mixtures, biocidal products;
- the Water Management Agency (Administration de la gestion de l’eau) with respect to administrative complaints regarding the protection of water (e.g.: pollution of watercourses, destruction of banks, extraction of surface or ground water).
How to proceed
Filing an administrative complaint
Identification of the complainant
Complainants must identify themselves by indicating, inter alia:
- their name and first name or, where applicable, the name of their company;
- their address;
- their phone number (landline and mobile);
- their email address (if applicable).
Identification of the establishment / person concerned
The complainant must also identify the establishment or person who is the subject of the complaint and indicate, in particular:
- their name and first name or, where applicable, the name of the company;
- home address;
- a topographic map indicating the site to which the administrative complaint refers to (to be joined if possible);
- the parcel(s) of land concerned;
- the GPS/LUREF coordinates of the site (to be provided if possible).
Details about administrative complaints
The complainant must provide detailed information regarding their administrative complaint:
- its subject (construction in a green area, destruction of a biotope, etc.);
- the location of the irregularity (building, specific installation, plot of land, etc.);
- the start date, the period(s) of the year or time(s) of the day, etc.
Complainants can send their administrative complaint to the ANF by post or e-mail.
Details of other parties contacted prior to the administrative complaint
Complainants then need to indicate any prior initiatives taken, such as:
- whether or not they have contacted the company or the person concerned by the administrative complaint;
- whether or not they have contacted another competent authority or other authorities, including their contact details.
Submission of disputes
After examination of the administrative complaints, the ANF:
- checks the activities concerned by the complaint;
- if necessary, the complaint is forwarded to the competent authority.
A penalty of imprisonment of 15 days to 6 months and a fine of EUR 251 to 10,000 will be applied to whoever:
- produces, in writing, a libellous or defamatory statement to the authorities;
- addresses, in writing, to a person any libellous or defamatory accusations against a subordinate of said person.
Forms / Online services
Administration de la nature et des forêts - Formulaire de saisie d'une plainte administrative
Who to contact
Driven hunt (Nature and Forest Agency)81, avenue de la Gare
Fax : (+352) 24756 - 651