In view of the alarming growth in the number of new COVID-19 infections, the Contact Tracing Unit of the Health Inspection Department has adapted its operating procedures in order to increase its responsiveness with respect to making contact.
The Ministry of Health urgently calls upon those who:
- tested positive for COVID-19: to put themselves in self-isolation as soon as they have received their test results;
- have been in high-risk contact with a person who has tested positive: to go into self-quarantine.
Who is concerned
- tested positive for COVID-19; or
- has been in high-risk contact with a person who tested positive.
How to proceed
People who have tested positive for COVID-19
People who have tested positive for COVID-19 should immediately go into self-isolation, without waiting for a call from the Contact Tracing Unit.
The Contact Tracing Unit has been informed of the test result.
Any person who has tested positive for COVID-19:
- is contacted as soon as possible by the Health Inspection; and
- is assigned a reference number.
While waiting for a call from the Contact Tracing Unit, the person who has tested positive can help trace and identify people with whom they have had high-risk contact.
High-risk contact is defined as:
- contact lasting more than 15 minutes; and
- less than 2 metres away, in a closed environment without wearing a mask correctly or without wearing a mask;
- having taken place within the time period of 48 hours before the first symptoms, or the date the test was taken if there are no symptoms.
To take part in tracing, you must complete the online declaration form on:
In this case, the person concerned will receive an isolation order which can be used as a certificate of incapacity for work (certificat d'incapacité de travail - CIT).
People who have been in contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19
Anyone who has been in contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19 should put themselves in self-quarantine.
In order to receive the necessary documents related to the self-quarantine, you must complete the online declaration form on:
The person concerned must provide:
- the surname and first name of the positive person; or
- the reference number of the file if the person who tested positive for COVID-19 has submitted one.
The person concerned then receives:
- a quarantine order which can be used as a certificate of incapacity for work (CIT); and
- a prescription for a PCR COVID-19 test.
Good to know
People who have questions about COVID-19, Large Scale Testing or the vaccination can contact the Health Hotline (Santé) at (+352) 247-65533 from Monday to Sunday between 8.00 and 19.00.