The Independent Luxembourg Broadcasting Authority (Autorité luxembourgeoise indépendante de l'audiovisuel - ALIA) oversees the correct legal application of regulatory texts in force in the area of audiovisual media, namely:
- standard television or on-demand services;
- audio media services (national, regional and local radio stations).
Among other things, ALIA's responsibilities also include:
- an advisory role to the minister in charge of the media in the context of the awarding of licences or authorisations for national or international media services;
- the awarding and withdrawal of authorisations for local and regional (transmission networks) radio services;
- the monitoring of compliance with advertising rules by the providers.