The financial aid scheme for investments in tourism infrastructure aims to encourage:
- the implementation of tourism infrastructure projects;
- the introduction of service quality certification programmes awarding quality labels.
Carry out your procedure:
By downloading a form
- Demande de subvention - hôtellerie
- investments in regional or national tourism infrastructure projects;
- investments in service quality certification programmes recognised by the General Directorate for Tourism and approved by a the award of a quality label.
However, the activities listed in the Grand-ducal regulation of 9 May 2010 are not eligible to benefit from this financial aid scheme.
Applications must be submitted before the works are undertaken.
Submitting the application
Applicants must send a duly completed application for financial aid for a tourism infrastructure project to the General Directorate for Tourism.
The following must be provided with the application:
- a precise offer;
- an investment financing plan;
- a provisional financial operating plan over 3 years.
Degree of aid
For regional tourism facilities projects, aid may not exceed:
- for investments up to EUR 2.9 million:
capital grants of 15 % of the investment costs;
- for investments exceeding EUR 2.9 million:
interest rate subsidies of 3 % over a period of 10 years, with respect to loans amounting to no more than the difference between the total investment cost and EUR 2.9 million.
For extensive tourism infrastructure projects serving the requirements of several regions, the aid may not exceed:
- for eligible investments up to EUR 2.9 million:
capital grants of 20 % of the cost of eligible investments, provided that the grant does not exceed 15 % of the total investment cost;
- for eligible investments exceeding EUR 2.9 million:
interest rate subsidies of 4 % over a period of 10 years, with respect to loans amounting to no more than the difference between the total investment cost and EUR 2.9 million, provided that the subsidy does not exceed 15 % of the total investment cost.
Aid may be provided in the form of a capital grant or interest relief. Grants are paid on presentation of a final breakdown of investments accompanied by the settled invoices.
Beneficiaries shall lose all or part of the aid granted to them if, before the end of the 10-year period starting from when the aid was granted, the subsidised movable and immovable assets covered are no longer used for the purposes for which they were intended when the aid was granted.
L-2449 - Luxembourg
Postal box BP 86, L-2937
Fax: (+352) 47 40 11