The label 'SuperDrecksKëscht fir Betriber' is a recognised quality label granted to businesses that have adopted an environmentally friendly waste management plan.
The operators at the SuperDrecksKëscht offer free assistance and guidance to businesses in setting up an ecological waste management plan for their waste produced on site by stressing on:
- waste prevention methods;
- preliminary preparations with the aim to reuse, recycle, recover or eliminate waste.
All businesses whose main activity is not waste management and that wish to improve their waste management may contact the SuperDrecksKëscht in order to participate in the initiative 'SuperDrecksKëscht fir Betriber'.
The label allows the business:
- to present itself to the public and potential clients in a positive manner;
- to make savings that derive from a the positive effects of an accurate waste management plan;
- to improve safety at work by a proper storage and handling of waste.
Obtaining the label
Businesses that wish to participate in the initiative 'SuperDrecksKëscht fir Betriber' can contact them by mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (488 216 1).
An advisor of the SuperDrecksKëscht will then come to the business to:
- draw up a status report and analyse their waste management procedures;
and work out a waste management plan which includes measures such as:
- setting up a selective waste collection site that is clearly visible and accessible to all their employees;
- ensuring the safe and environmentally friendly storage of waste;
- implementation of waste prevention measures;
- transparent and efficient recovery and elimination of waste;
- training session for employees on waste management.
Subsequently, the business must sign a framework agreement with the SuperDrecksKëscht in which it commits itself to:
- take into account the quantities and types of waste that can be recovered and those which can't;
- prevent and process waste in an environmentally friendly manner;
- have waste eliminated by accredited companies in Luxembourg.
The 'SuperDrecksKëscht fir Betriber' quality label is granted 6 months after signature of the framework agreement at the earliest.
Ecological waste management control
Compliance with the ecological waste management procedures is checked annually during the first 5 years. Following the 5-year period, checks will be carried out every 2 years only.
The label will be taken away if non-compliance with the procedures is detected.