Do you wish to hire a student during the school holidays? Make sure you have the correct information beforehand.
The pupil/student who wishes to work during the school holidays in return for remuneration must meet the following conditions:
- be between 15 and 26 years old (the pupil/student must not have turned 27);
- be enrolled in a teaching establishment in Luxembourg or abroad and attend a regular full-time study cycle; or
- their registration in the teaching establishment ended less than 4 months prior to the recruitment under a student contract.
During the same calendar year (from 1 January to 31 December), a pupil/student can only be hired for a maximum period of 2 months during the school holidays. Under no circumstances can this 2-month limit be exceeded, even if during the calendar year several contracts are concluded with the same pupil/student.
The employment contract (standard contract of employment for pupils and students) must be drawn up in 3 copies:
- in writing;
- for each individual pupil/student;
- at the latest on the first day of employment of the pupil or student.