Your questions

I am a national of a non-EU country, and I would like to study at the University of Luxembourg. I was told that I should ask for your advice.

Note that is the entity in charge of informing citizens about administrative formalities and procedures and redirecting them to the competent administrations of the Luxembourg Government.

We would urge you to contact the Students' Department (Service des Etudes et de la Vie Etudiante - SEVE) of the University of Luxembourg, which is available to answer students' practical questions.

Useful links:

Does a child whose parents are non-residents of Luxembourg or cross-border workers have the right to financial assistance for higher education?

Yes. Non-resident students (full time or part time) may receive financial assistance for higher education subject to certain conditions.

Note that this financial aid cannot be combined with the following benefits:

  • financial aid for higher education and other equivalent financial support paid in the state in which the student resides;
  • any financial benefit arising from the fact that the applicant is a student.

This includes in particular scholarships and loans, family allowances, regional aids, housing aid, etc. These amounts paid by the state in which the student resides will be deducted in full from the financial assistance granted by the Luxembourg government.

For more information, please contact the Centre for Documentation and Information on Higher Education (Centre de documentation et d'information sur l'enseignement supérieur - CEDIES).

Useful links:

I was awarded a diploma abroad. Why do I need to have it recognised in Luxembourg? And how can I do so?

For access to certain regulated professions, professionals must have their qualifications recognised in Luxembourg.

A higher education diploma obtained abroad is formally recognised:

I have completed various training programs throughout my career. Can I have them accredited?

Through the process of 'accreditation of prior experiential learning' (validation des acquis de l'expérience – VAE), any person can have their work experience accredited for the purpose of obtaining a professional qualification. Such experience may have been acquired through formal, non-formal or informal learning in connection with the certificate or diploma for which the application is submitted.

Please view our page on this subject.

This page provides information on all of the required formalities and corresponding deadlines, where applicable.

Last update