The main objectives of the Department of the Environment (Département de l'environnement - formerly the 'Ministry of the Environment'), are:
- the implementation of the government's environmental programme;
- the coordination of works in the field of sustainable development and
- to take all necessary measures to protect the natural and human environment and tackle climate change.
In order to achieve this, the work of the department is based on prospective work, information and awareness campaigns, goal-oriented financial support and subsidies, legal acts and the activities of the two bodies placed under its supervision:
- the Environment Agency and
- the Nature and Forestry Agency.
The Department of the Environment, in collaboration with the Ministry of the Economy, also takes part in the assignments and activities of the Energieagence – Klima-Agence economic interest group.
Ministry of the Environment, Climate and Sustainable DevelopmentDepartment of the Environment4, place de l'Europe
Phone : (+352) 247-86811Fax : (+352) 40 04 10