The Luxembourg Institute of Standardisation, Accreditation, Safety and Quality of Products and Services (Institut luxembourgeois de la normalisation, de l’accréditation, de la sécurité et qualité des produits et services - ILNAS) is a Luxembourg administration under the Ministry of the Economy.
The ILNAS is namely responsible for:
- standardisation (the main tasks are to identify the requirements in terms of new national standards and to coordinate the development and the adoption of standards and other normative documents etc.);
- accreditation of conformity assessment bodies (laboratories, inspection and certification bodies, etc.) and electronic certification bodies (electronic signatures);
- market surveillance (namely the verification of compliance with EU Directives of products sold on the national market);
- digital confidence;
- checking the general safety of products;
- enforcement of the legal provisions in force regarding legal metrology;
- designation of notified bodies;
- verification of good laboratory practice;
- promotion of quality management procedures;
- notifying the European Commission and other EU-Member States of draft standards, draft technical regulations or rules concerning information society services and any other draft normative document before their adoption in national law.
Luxembourg Institute of Standardisation, Accreditation, Safety and Quality of Products and Services (ILNAS)1, avenue du Swing - Southlane Tower 1
Phone : (+352) 247-74300Fax : (+352) 247-74319