The National Employment Agency (Agence pour le développement de l'emploi - ADEM) is the contact point for employers. ADEM, which is placed under the authority of the Ministry of Labour, Employment and the Social and Solidarity Economy, has its main office in Luxembourg city and several regional agencies (Diekirch, Esch-sur-Alzette, Differdange, Dudelange, Wiltz and Wasserbillig).
ADEM has several functions such as:
- publishing job vacancies;
- allocating unemployment benefits.
- search and hire jobseekers;
- train an apprentice;
- hire a disabled worker;
- hire a worker benefitting from an external redeployment decision;
- hire a young person;
- hire a third country national (work permit);
- help find job protection measures to avoid layoffs.
ADEM offices are open from Monday to Friday from 08.00 to 12.00 and from 13.00 to 17.00.
The National Employment Agency can also be reached by phone at one of the 2 phone numbers of their Contact Center, from Monday to Friday from 8.00 to 12.00 and from 13.00 to 17.00:
- for jobseekers: (+352) 247 - 88888;
- for employers: (+352) 247 - 88000.