The National Pension Insurance Fund (Caisse nationale d’assurance pension – CNAP) is the contact point for all persons insured under the general scheme (employees and non-salaried workers such as self-employed persons) for any questions regarding pension insurance.
This fund handles the granting of the following benefits:
- old-age pensions;
- disability pension;
- funeral allowances, survivor's pension and orphan pension in the event of death of the contributor.
The CNAP was born from the merging of the following 4 general pension funds:
- the Private-Sector Workers’ Pension Fund (Caisse de pension des employés privés – CPEP);
- the old-age and disability insurance institution (Etablissement d'assurance contre la vieillesse et l'invalidité – AVI);
- the Craftsmens’, Retailers’ and Manufacturers’ Pension Insurance Fund (Caisse de pension des artisans, des commerçants et industriels – CPACI);
- the Agricultural Workers’ Pension Fund (
The CNAP carries out all the operations of the former sectoral pension funds at its headquarters in Luxembourg City.