The Children's Future Fund (Caisse pour l'avenir des enfants - CAE) is the family allowance fund in Luxembourg. The CAE is a public institution under the oversight of the Ministry of Family Affairs, Integration and the Greater Region (Ministère de la Famille, de l'Intégration et à la Grande Région), and is responsible for managing family, maternity and back-to-school allowances. It is also responsible for managing parental leave.
The CAE has issued the following strict guidelines in order to ensure optimal processing of files and requests:
- in case of contact by phone:
- callers should have their case number to hand; this is the social security number shown either on letters from the CAE or on bank statements showing related payments;
- specific questions must be addressed to the dedicated case manager. If the case manager's direct number is not known, the switchboard can put the call through to the relevant person;
- in case of contact by post:
- the case number must be stated in every letter;
- any application must be signed and sent by post;
- all mandatory and requested documents (e.g. birth certificate, etc.) must be sent together in one envelope and must only be sent by post;
- only send documents to the CAE by one method (by post or by fax only in an emergency);
- contact by email: http://www.cae.public.lu/fr/support/contact.html.
The initial processing of a case may take between 2 and 3 months. It is advisable to wait that amount of time before sending a complaint or phoning.
Each document sent should, in principle, reach the CAE, so there is no need to enquire as to whether documents have been received.
Children's Future Fund