Any rescue association or organisation that carries out civil security activities can apply for an accreditation.
This accreditation is issued by the Minister in charge of the rescue services. The latter is responsible for monitoring and checking whether the activities of the accredited rescue association or organisation are compliant with the Grand-Ducal Regulation.
Who is concerned
Any rescue association or organisation may apply for accreditation provided that it has:
- civil security as its main objective;
- its registered office in an EU Member State.
The accredited rescue association or organisation must provide the Minister with an annual report no later than 15 April of the following year.
How to proceed
Filing an application
The representative of the association or organisation sends an electronic application for accreditation to the Minister via an electronic document exchange platform. To do this, they must inform the Department of Civil Security of the Ministry of Home Affairs that the application is complete and ready for transmission by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The form must contain the following information:
- the ability to conduct civil security activities at the national or international level;
- the possession of appropriate means to engage in the type of missions requested;
- the available effective staff for the exercise of civil security activities;
- the physical and psychological abilities of each effective member available for the exercise of civil security activities;
- the existence of a permanent team of operational managers;
- the existence of an alert management system for its members as well as an individual identification system.
The organisation must also attach:
- the name and contact information of the rescue association or organisation;
- an up-to-date version of the statutes of the rescue association or organisation;
- a description on the alert management system of its members as well as the individual identification system.
Incomplete applications will not be processed.
The Minister will respond within 3 months of receipt of the application.
Accreditation takes the form of a ministerial order indicating the accreditation number.
The accreditation is non-transferable and must be posted at the registered office of the rescue organisation.
The accreditation must appear on all correspondence.
In the event failure to comply with these obligations, the Minister may suspend or revoke his decision.
The accredited organisation must inform the Minister of any change in the information provided without delay when submitting the application for initial accreditation or application for renewal.
The validity period of the accreditation is 5 years, renewable. During this period, the approved rescue organisation or association can participate in civil security activities.
The organisation must send an application for renewal to the Minister 6 months before the expiry date of the current accreditation using a specific form.
The application for renewal must be made in the same way as the initial application.
Forms / Online services
Demande d’obtention d’un agrément pour une association ou un organisme de secours ayant pour objet social la sécurité civile