The regulation in force on assistance for the planning and transmission of knowledge in forestry and biology provides for aid as a contribution to the conveyance fees when woodland property is sold or exchanged.
Applicants must submit their application to the relevant district authority, which will inform them of the decision returned by the Nature Conservation Agency (Administration de la nature et des forêts).
Who is concerned
Anyone wishing to receive aid for legal costs must apply to the head of the relevant district.
In order to receive the aid, applicants must confirm that the surface area of forest land in question is no more than 1ha.
How to proceed
Filing an application
To submitting an application, the applicant must fill out the form, stating:
- their surname and first name;
- their address;
- their telephone number;
- their banking institution and account number;
- their national identification number;
- the total surface area of forest land in question;
- information about the area in question (commune, section, locality, land registry plot number, cadastral surface).
If the applicant owns a farm, they must also state:
- the farm holding number;
- the farm accident insurance number.
The application must be accompanied by the following:
- a copy of the deed of sale or partition;
- a cadastral extract for the plots concerned;
- a copy of the receipted invoice from the notary public;
- proof of payment of the notary's invoice.
The head of the district will inform the applicant of the Nature Conservation Agency's decision, and the measures to be taken to receive a subsidy.
Amount of aid
The amount of aid for legal costs is set at EUR 250.
In the case of an exchange of forest property, the amount is divided equally between the parties to the exchange.
Repayment of aid
Any aid paid out must be repaid to the State Treasury when:
- it was obtained by means of knowingly false or incomplete representations on the part of the applicant;
- the beneficiary has failed to comply with the conditions to which the granting of the aid was subject. In that event, the beneficiary must also pay interest on the amount given, at the legal base rate, calculated as from the day of payment to the day of repayment.
If a false declaration is found to have been made through gross negligence or through failure to adhere to the principles of good forestry practices, the beneficiary is precluded from receiving aid for the year in question.
If they make a deliberate misrepresentation, they are excluded for the following year as well.
Forms / Online services
Demande d’aide pour l’amélioration de la structure, de la planification et des infrastructures forestières - Participation aux frais d'acte
Förderantrag zwecks Subventionierung der Aktkosten von notariellen Verkaufs-bzw. Tauschakten