The legislation on aid to improve and develop forest structures, planning and infrastructures provides for a contribution to the notary's fees in the event of the sale or exchange of one or more plots of forest land whose surface area does not exceed 1 hectare.
Applicants must submit their application to the district authority with jurisdiction, which will notify them of the decision of the Nature and Forest Agency (Administration de la nature et des forêts).
Who is concerned
Any owner of forest land.
Where forest land is jointly owned by multiple natural or legal persons, the aid will be granted only once per plot.
Those who own more than 20 hectares of forest must provide the government administration department with a valid document relating to planned forestry activities:
- which applies to all their forest holdings; and
- has been approved by the government administration.
To receive the aid, applicants must confirm that the total surface area of the forest lands to which the notarised deed(s) pertain(s) is no more than 1 hectare.
How to proceed
Filing an application
When filing the application with the head of the district concerned, applicants must state the following on the form (available under 'Forms / Online services' below):
- their surname and first name;
- their address;
- their telephone number;
- their banking institution and account number;
- their national identification number;
- the total surface area of forest land in question;
- information about the area in question: commune, section, locality, cadastral number and cadastral surface.
If the applicant owns a farm, they must also specify:
- the farm holding number;
- the farm accident insurance number.
The application must be accompanied by the following:
- a copy of the deed of sale or partition;
- an extract of a cadastral map (scale 1:2,500) for the plots in question;
- a copy of the receipted invoice from the notary public;
- proof of payment of the notary's invoice.
The head of the district will inform the applicant of the Nature and Forest Agency's decision, and the measures to be taken to receive a subsidy.
Amount of aid
The amount of aid for legal costs is set at EUR 500.
In the case of an exchange of forest property, the amount is divided equally between the parties to the exchange.
Repayment of aid
Any aid paid out must be repaid to the State Treasury when:
- it was obtained by means of knowingly false or incomplete representations on the part of the applicant;
- the beneficiary has failed to comply with the conditions to which the granting of the aid was subject. In that event, the beneficiary must also pay interest on the amount given, at the legal base rate, calculated as from the day of payment to the day of repayment.
If a false declaration is found to have been made through gross negligence or through failure to adhere to the principles of good forestry practices, the beneficiary is precluded from receiving aid for the year in question.
If they make a deliberate misrepresentation, they are excluded for the following year as well.
Forms / Online services
Demande d’aide pour l’amélioration de la structure, de la planification et des infrastructures forestières - Participation aux frais d'acte
Förderantrag zwecks Subventionierung der Aktkosten von notariellen Verkaufs- bzw. Tauschakten