In the context of the health crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Ministry of Education, Children and Youth (MENEJ) has introduced a new exceptional and time-limited financial aid to support apprenticeships.
This aid, which is in addition to existing aids, is intended for training institutions that:
- offer an apprenticeship position; and
- have the right to train; and
- have taken the decision to take on new apprentices despite the current economic climate.
Note: apprenticeship contracts that are eligible for financial aid are:
- newly concluded apprenticeship contracts from 16 July 2021; and
- apprenticeship contracts terminated after 16 April 2021 and taken over, in accordance with article L.111-3, paragraph 4 of the Labour Code, by a training institution, provided that the contract has not been taken over more than twice.
one-off premium for the promotion of apprenticeships, which could be applied for until 15 July 2021, granted to training institutions in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The application for aid can be submitted via MyGuichet.lu or by post.
Who is concerned
Any natural or legal person established in Luxembourg who:
Adult apprenticeship is treated in the same way as initial apprenticeship.
Note: training organisations that have applied for a one-off premium in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic can apply for the new exceptional financial aid if they meet the conditions for receiving it.
The applicant must:
- have the status of a training institution regardless of legal status, size or sector of activity;
- have the right to train apprentices on the day of the application for the one-off premium;
- provide proof of an apprenticeship contract with the apprentice or their legal representative:
- concluded on or after 16 July 2021;
- in due form;
- whose trial period has been successfully completed;
- hold a certificate of affiliation of the apprentice to the Joint Social Security Centre (CCSS) so that the professional relationship is still established on the date of the application;
- in the case of a resumption of a previously terminated apprenticeship contract: the apprentice must not have been subject to more than 2 resumptions since 16 April 2021.
Companies that have not yet trained an apprentice may, in the short term, take steps with the
concerned to obtain the right to train apprentices.
Applications must be submitted no later than 15 October 2022 inclusive.
The premium is a temporary aid.
How to proceed
Submitting the application
Training institutions can submit their aid application:
- either by post. The application should be sent on plain paper to 'Service de la Formation professionnelle du ministère de l’Éducation nationale, de l’Enfance et de la Jeunesse' at the following address:
29, rue Aldringen
Postal address: L-2926 Luxembourg
How to create a business eSpace on MyGuichet.lu?
Two scenarios are possible:
The person making the request is a new user on MyGuichet.lu and therefore does not yet have a private eSpace:
The creation of the eSpace is done in 2 steps:
- registration of a user;
- creation of a business eSpace.
A tutorial in video or PDF format is available to guide you.
The person submitting the application is a user of MyGuichet.lu and already has a private eSpace: they will have to create a new business eSpace.
A tutorial in video or PDF format is available to guide you.
Consult the help section on MyGuichet.lu.
The training institution must attach the following to their application:
- proof of the conclusion of the apprenticeship contract with the apprentice or their legal representative, in force on the date of the application, and on the completion of the trial period;
- a certificate of affiliation of the apprentice to the Joint Social Security Centre (CCSS);
- a bank account identification document relating to the bank account of the applicant training institution;
- any other document deemed useful for assessing the merits of the application.
The MENJE can request all necessary additional information from:
Amount of aid
The financial aid takes the form of a one-off flat-rate subsidy per apprenticeship contract.
The total amount of the one-off premium is:
- EUR 1,500 for each new apprenticeship contract concluded from 16 July 2021;
- EUR 5,000 for each apprenticeship contract:
- terminated since 16 April 2021; and
- taken over, in accordance with Article L.111.3, paragraph 4, of the Labour Code, by the training institution, provided that the contract has not been taken over twice.
The financial aid is tax-exempt.
The administration's decision
The training institution receives by post the ministerial decision to grant or refuse their application.
A copy of the ministerial decision, which indicates the name of the institution and their registration number with the CCSS, is sent, for information purposes, to the Luxembourg Inland Revenue (ACD) and to the Registration Duties, Estates and VAT Authority (AED).
If the application is refused, the applicant may contest the administrative decision, against which the usual means of appeal (non-contentious appeal, judicial appeal) can be exercised, provided that the legal time limits are respected.
Claims can also be filed with the Ombudsman.
Training institutions that have obtained the financial aid on the basis of deliberately inaccurate or incomplete information may be asked to refund the aid, and are criminally liable.
Forms / Online services
Aide financière exceptionnelle aux organismes de formation
Les informations qui vous concernent recueillies sur ce formulaire font l’objet d’un traitement par l’administration concernée afin de mener à bien votre demande.
Ces informations sont conservées pour la durée nécessaire par l’administration à la réalisation de la finalité du traitement
Les destinataires de vos données sont les administrations compétentes dans le cadre du traitement de votre demande. Veuillez-vous adresser à l’administration concernée par votre demande pour connaître les destinataires des données figurant sur ce formulaire. Conformément au règlement (UE) 2016/679 relatif à la protection des personnes physiques à l'égard du traitement des données à caractère personnel et à la libre circulation de ces données, vous bénéficiez d’un droit d’accès, de rectification et le cas échéant d’effacement des informations vous concernant. Vous disposez également du droit de retirer votre consentement à tout moment.
En outre et excepté le cas où le traitement de vos données présente un caractère obligatoire, vous pouvez, pour des motifs légitimes, vous y opposer.
Si vous souhaitez exercer ces droits et/ou obtenir communication de vos informations, veuillez-vous adresser à l’administration concernée suivant les coordonnées indiquées dans le formulaire. Vous avez également la possibilité d’introduire une réclamation auprès de la Commission nationale pour la protection des données ayant son siège à 15, boulevard du Jazz L-4370 Belvaux.
En poursuivant votre démarche, vous acceptez que vos données personnelles soient traitées dans le cadre de votre demande.
Who to contact