Animal feed, which is exported to a third country, must comply with the requirements of European legislation on animal feed unless the importing country has other requirements.Whenever required by the importing country, businesses that plan to export or re-export animal feed can apply for a certificate from the Administration of technical agricultural services ( Administration des Services Techniques de l'Agriculture - ASTA). This certificate attests that the product the business wishes to export or re-export has been produced by an establishment which is subject to official checks by ASTA and compliant with the European legal requirements on hygiene for animal feed.
Who is concernedAll businesses that produce, manufacture, transport and/or distribute animal feed and that aim to export or re-export their products to third countries are concerned.
Before submitting the application, the businesses have to contact the department for animal feed control (Service de contrôle des aliments pour animaux) at the Administration of agricultural technical services (Administration des services techniques de l'Agriculture - ASTA) in order to be registered or approved.
They are required to:
- ensure the necessary traceability;
- have put in place a quality control system (HACCP - Hazard analysis and critical control points);
- comply with the labelling requirements in force;
- respect the limits for animal protein in animal feed.
How to proceed
Filing an application
Applicants are have to submit an application for a health certificate for the export of animal feed to the Administration of agricultural technical services (Administration des Services Techniques de l’Agriculture - ASTA) by email to the following address email@example.com.
They must join the following documents:
- a copy of the labels for animal feed compliant with Regulation (EC) 767/2009;
- a document for each animal feed product to be exported, which contains the following information:
- the product name;
- the net weight;
- the type and number of packaging;
- the batch number;
- the expiry date of the guarantee;
- the test results, if available;
- in respect of transport, the details regarding the truck, boat, train or plane, if available;
- the full contact details of the producer;
- the full contact details of the exporter, if different from the producer;
- the full contact details of the recipient;
- in the event of non-compliance of the feed with Luxembourg and European regulations on animal feed, the non-compliance must be indicated.
If an importing country requests a specific certificate, this certificate must be attached to the application.
Granting the certificate
ASTA will issue the certificate at the latest 10 working days after the submission of the application, provided all requirements have been met.
Forms / Online services
Certificat sanitaire relatif à l'exportation vers des pays tiers de produits destinés à l'alimentation animale
Who to contact
Ministry of Agriculture, Viticulture and Rural DevelopmentAnimal Feed Control (ASTA)72, avenue Lucien Salentiny
Postal address :
BP 75, L-9001
Phone : (+352) 81 00 81 - 310Fax : (+352) 81 00 81 - 333