Fit 4 Start is an accelerator targeting tech- and data-driven ventures with innovative technologies at the core of their business. At present, the programme provides opportunities for start-ups operating within the fields of Digital, HealthTech, and Space.
The accelerator provides entrepreneurs with intensive coaching, attractive equity-free funding and access to key networks that help them succeed with launching their business venture and scaling it on the European market.
Who is concerned?
The start-ups must be active in the following focus areas:
- digital; or
- health technologies; or
- space; or
as referred to in the Fit 4 Start call.
Several eligibility requirements must be met, such as:
- The applicant must be active in the focus area(s) referenced in the Fit 4 Start call.
- There is no prerequisite for applicants to have incorporated a company at the application stage.
- If the applicant has already started a company, it should be no older than 5 years at the opening date of the respective Fit 4 Start call – the assessment is performed at the applicant group level.
- If the applicant has already started a company, it must meet the small enterprise criteria as stipulated in Annex I to the Commission Regulation (EU) No 651/2014 of 17 June 2014 declaring certain categories of aid compatible with the internal market in application of Articles 107 and 108 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union as amended by Commission Regulation (EU) No 2023/1315 of 23 June 2023.
- The applicant team must be composed of a minimum of 2 people, with at least one person working full time on the realisation of the project, attending all coaching sessions and steering committees during the coaching phase of the programme and being responsible for developing the start-up’s substance & operations in Luxembourg. Participants must be at least 18 years of age or older as of the starting date of the programme.
- The applicant may be any early-stage and/or more advanced start-up/project. Although it is not necessary to have a minimum viable product (‘MVP’) at the application stage, for the HealthTech domain, products or services in preclinical proof of concept or MVP will be preferred.
The Fit 4 Start programme targets for-profit start-ups/projects only.
How to proceed
Application and selection process for the programme
Applicants need to submit their complete application via the online registration platform: www.fit4start.com before the official entry submission deadline as referenced in the Fit 4 Start call.
All applications are carefully reviewed by the pre-selection committee who short-lists the applicants for the hearings and pitching sessions.
At the end of the pitching sessions, an independent jury will select start-ups that will be admitted for participation in the programme.
The selected participants will benefit from a support and funding programme embodied as follows:
- the coaching phase, which is a 6-month period of coaching: it is held by coaches, who are start-up experts with high entrepreneurial knowledge and expertise in the field of start-up ventures, and subject-matter experts, who are selected based on relevance of their expertise for the respective cohort of participants;
- free access to one of the partners’ co-working spaces for a duration of 6 months;
- access to up to EUR 150,000 in equity-free funding from the Ministry of the Economy;
- many opportunities in terms of visibility within the market, and opportunities to benefit from networking facilities of the whole ecosystem that supports start-ups in Luxembourg.
By the end of the coaching phase, the start-ups must be able to demonstrate a solid business plan that could convince potential partners and investors.
Financing of the programme
Fit 4 Start supports the participants in getting started in Luxembourg by giving access to a grant of up to EUR 150,000 made available by the Ministry of the Economy.
This grant is divided into the following 3 tranches (2 instalments and the final balance), which are each subject to various conditions to be achieved by the applicant company:
- 1st instalment: EUR 50,000;
- 2nd instalment: EUR 80,000;
- final balance: EUR 20,000.
For additional information, please consult the Fit 4 Start Application and Programme guidelines (French, Pdf, 405 Kb).
Application for aid
The aid application must be submitted using the online assistant available on MyGuichet.lu (See 'Online services and forms' below). This is a procedure with authentication that requires a LuxTrust product or an electronic identity card (eID).
Online services and forms
Aid application for Fit 4 Start
Note: view tips for using PDF forms.
Documents to be attached to the MyGuichet.lu procedure
Aid Application Guidelines
Who to contact
General Directorate - Industry, New Technologies and Research (Financing and State Aid)
Luxinnovation – NCP5, avenue des Hauts Fourneaux L-4362 Esch-sur-Alzette LuxembourgPhone: (+352) 43 62 63 - 667Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2 of 3 bodies shown
Related procedures and links
An error occurred
Oops, an error has been detected during your form processing.