Last update 25.03.2020
In the context of the Covid-19 crisis, the General Directorate for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises has set up an emergency fund for very small companies and self-employed persons.
With this aid measure, businesses with 9 employees at the most and self-employed persons who have a valid business permit issued before 18 March 2020 (with an annual turnover of at least EUR 15,000 and whose activity had to be interrupted following the entry into force of the Grand Ducal regulation of 18 March 2020 introducing a series of measures in the fight against Covid-19) can apply for an immediate and non-refundable financial aid of EUR 5,000.
The aim of this measure is to provide immediate financial support to the many very small businesses and self-employed persons who, although an essential part of our economic fabric, are generally also the most vulnerable to unpredictable events such as Covid-19.
In this respect, it is important to point out that the granting of this aid is being done independently of the bill of law which will complement the existing aid instruments.
Who is concerned
To be eligible, applicants must meet 3 criteria simultaneously.
This measure is only aimed at:
- businesses with a valid business permit issued by the General Directorate for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises and which have between 0 and 9 employees (in full-time positions);
- self-employed persons with a valid business permit issued by the General Directorate for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises and whose total number of staff does not exceed 9, including the self-employed person himself (in full-time positions).
Prohibition of closure criterion
This aid is only intended for:
- businesses which have had to interrupt their activity following the entry into force of the Grand Ducal regulation of 18 March 2020 introducing a series of measures to combat Covid-19;
- self-employed persons who have had to interrupt their activity following the entry into force of the Grand-Ducal regulation of 18 March 2020 introducing a series of measures to combat Covid-19.
To be eligible, the applicant company (respectively the self-employed person) must have an annual turnover of at least EUR 15,000.
Where the applicant is the economic beneficiary of more than one business, they may apply for aid for only one of the businesses, provided that the total number of staff in the business (group) does not exceed a total of 9 (in full-time positions).
How to proceed
Filing an application
The General Directorate for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises makes available the application form to the businesses/self-employed persons concerned.
The complete file, dated and signed by a person authorised to commit the business, together with its annexes, must be sent by post or by email (email@example.com), attaching the form in PDF format (if the form is attached in another format, it must be made sure that the form is legible).
In the event of a submission by post, the envelope must be sent to:
Ministère de l’Économie
Direction générale des classes moyennes
Service des aides d’État
19-21 boulevard Royal
Amount of aid
The amount of the aid is EUR 5,000;
The aid is non-refundable.
Payment of financial aid
The aid will take the form of a capital subsidy.
The aid application must be made on the form provided for this purpose and must contain the following information:
- information about the applicant company;
- the number of the valid business permit issued by the General Directorate for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises;
- the national identification number (matricule);
- the description of the activity;
- the applicant's bank details (if the application is made in the name of a company, the company must hold the account; if the application is made by a self-employed person working in their own name, the bank account must be in the name of this person);
- the number of staff in full-time positions;
- the consent given to the General Directorate for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises to verify the accuracy of the information provided with the Joint Social Security Centre, the Luxembourg Inland Revenue and the Registration Duties, Estates and VAT Authority;
- the annual turnover for the last financial year;
- a signed declaration of honour on the accuracy of the information provided;
- a bank account identification document.
Forms / Online services
Demande pour l'obtention d'une aide financière d'urgence pour très petites entreprises et indépendants dans le cadre de la crise du Covid-19
Who to contact
General Directorate for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (Department for State Aid)19-21 boulevard Royal