By creating a recovery and solidarity fund (fonds de relance et de solidarité) , the Luxembourg Government's intention is to:
- encourage and maintain employment; and
- support businesses in those sectors hard hit by the health crisis;
- HORECA (hotel, restaurant and catering sector);
Who is concerned
Every business in these sectors which sees a drop in turnover during the months from June to November 2020 of at least 25 % compared with the same period of time in 2019 can claim a monthly payment of aid of an amount calculated on the basis of the number of employees and self-employed workers in the business.
The following businesses are eligible for assistance from the recovery and solidarity fund:
- hotels and camp sites;
- restaurants and catering establishments;
- drinking establishments, with or without entertainment;
- wholesale food and drink outlets;
- off-site catering activities;
- travel agencies and tour operators;
- taxis and other overland passenger transport services;
- animal boarding facilities;
- event agencies;
- operation of event venues and convention, congress and exhibition areas;
- rental of furniture, toilet facilities, and kitchen and table equipment for events;
- photography, printing and graphic art for events;
- advertising items, posters and distribution of advertising for events;
- signage, printing and large-format;
- construction of exhibition stands;
- artistic agencies (career planning, contract negotiation, project management in relation to artistic activities);
- audiovisual, video, sound and light productions;
- producers and organisers of live shows / concerts / congresses (organisers, presenters, tour organisers);
- studios and sound production;
- scenographic art;
- cinematographic screenings;
- fairground traders;
- fitness and sport studios and dance schools;
- indoor play areas;
- amusement parks;
The business must:
- have been in operation before 15 March 2020 and be in operation during the month for which aid is being requested;
- if it has employees, be properly registered with the Joint Social Security Centre (Centre commun de la Sécurité sociale);
- carry out one of the activities set out above;
- hold a valid business permit (autorisation d'établissement), issued by the General Directorate for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (Direction générale des classes moyennes) at the Ministry of the Economy;
- have suffered a monthly loss of turnover of at least 25 % during the months from June to November 2020 compared with the same months in the 2019 tax year;
- have a turnover in the 2019 tax year of at least EUR 15,000;
- not have dismissed more than 25 % of its employees for reasons unrelated to the employees themselves during the month for which aid is being requested or the months eligible for aid.
For businesses created during the 2019 and 2020 tax years, the amount is calculated pro rata according to the date on which the activity began (turnover calculated pro rata over one year taking as the basis for calculation the turnover achieved between the start of the activity and the COVID-19 crisis).
Applications for aid from the recovery and solidarity fund must be submitted according to the following deadlines:
- by 15 September 2020 for an application for the month of June 2020;
- between 1 August and 15 September 2020 for an application for the month of July 2020;
- between 1 and 15 September 2020 for an application for the month of August 2020;
- between 1 and 31 October 2020 for an application for the month of September 2020;
- between 1 and 30 November 2020 for an application for the month of October 2020;
- between 1 and 15 December 2020 for an application for the month of November 2020.
How to proceed
Submitting the application
Applications for aid from the recovery and solidarity fund should be submitted via an online assistant available on MyGuichet.lu.
The person submitting the application must have a LuxTrust product (e.g. Token, Smartcard or Signing stick) or an electronic identity card (eID).
How to create a business eSpace on MyGuichet.lu
Two scenarios are possible:
- The person submitting the application is a new user on MyGuichet.lu and does not yet have a private eSpace:
The creation of the eSpace is done in 2 steps:
- registration of a user;
- creation of a business eSpace.
- The person submitting the application is a user of MyGuichet.lu and already has a private eSpace: they will have to create a new business eSpace.
Applications for aid from the recovery and solidarity fund must include:
- a list of the people working for the business, giving the following information:
- identification number (matricule);
- the status of the employees (employee doing short-time work, active employee, and occupation rate).
It should be noted that self-employed people may also be included on the list.
- accounting documents indicating turnover achieved during the month for which aid is being requested (e.g. ledger, invoices, VAT declaration);
- accounting documents indicating turnover achieved in the past (e.g. ledger, invoices, VAT declaration).
For recently created businesses, accounting documents indicating turnover since the date on which the undertaking was created should be provided (broken down by month).
- a bank account identification document (relevé d'identité bancaire) for the business;
- for legal persons:
- the balance sheet;
- the profit-and-loss account;
- for businesses that are part of a group (associates holding more than 25% of the shares of other companies): an organisation chart of the group indicating clearly for each entity:
- the percentage of shares;
- employment as a full-time equivalent;
- annual turnover;
- balance-sheet total;
- a declaration of honour (sworn statement).
Duration of aid
A separate application must be submitted for each month, i.e. separate applications for the months of June, July, August, September, October and November 2020.
Amount of aid
The undertaking receives EUR 1,250 per active employee and self-employed person (assigned to an eligible activity); the amount is EUR 250 per employee fully submitted to the short-time work regime (assigned to an eligible activity) during the month for which aid is being requested.
The amount of the aid is capped at 85 % of the loss in monthly turnover.
The total amount of the aid per month (for each month from June to November) per single business may not exceed:
- EUR 10,000 for micro-businesses;
- EUR 50,000 for small businesses;
- EUR 100,000 for medium-sized businesses;
- EUR 100,000 for large businesses.
Type of aid
This is a direct non-repayable financial aid.
Forms / Online services
Who to contact
Direction générale des Classes moyennes (Service des aides aux PME) - Neistart Lëtzebuerg
B. P. 535 / L-2914 Luxembourg
Postal address :
Phone : (+352) 247-74704Fax : (+352) 247-74701