Last update 17.12.2020
The online assistant for aid applications will be available from January 2021.
In the context of the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, the Ministry of the Economy has made available a new monthly financial aid for businesses: the recovery aid. The aid can be requested for the months of December 2020 to March 2021 inclusive.
Eligible companies have the choice to apply for:
- this recovery aid; or
- the new aid for costs not covered.
The 2 aids are mutually exclusive.
Applications are to be submitted to the General Directorate for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses, Department for Support to SMEs at the Ministry of the Economy using MyGuichet.lu.
Who is concerned
With the creation of the recovery aid, the Luxembourg government intends to support:
- businesses in the tourism sector;
- businesses in the events sector;
- the HORECA sector;
- businesses in the culture and entertainment sector;
- businesses operating a retail trade;
- institutes for continuing vocational training.
For businesses in the retail trade, only employees who are assigned to the retail trade activity are to be taken into account for the calculation of the recovery aid.
Example: in the case of electricians, only employees in the household appliances trade are taken into account and not employees working on building sites.
Businesses intending to apply for the recovery aid must:
- have a valid business permit;
- have suffered a loss of turnover of at least 25 %;
- have an annual turnover of at least EUR 15,000;
The turnover of the month relating to the application is compared to the same month in 2019, i.e.:
- December 2020 compared to December 2019;
- January 2021 compared to January 2019;
- February 2021 compared to February 2019;
- March 2021 compared to March 2019.
If the company did not exist in 2019, it must indicate the average monthly turnover of the activity up to the month of application.
- carry out its activity, except in the case of a closure imposed by a government decision.
If the loss of turnover is 40 % or more, businesses in the tourism, events, HORECA, culture and entertainment sectors have the option of applying for:
- this recovery aid; or
- aid under the new "aid for costs not covered".
The 2 types of aid ("recovery aid" and "aid for costs not covered") are mutually exclusive.
A comparison between the 2 types of aid can be made using 2 examples with figures:
The aid can be requested for the months of December 2020 to March 2021 inclusive.
The application must be submitted before 15 May 2021.
How to proceed
SUBMISSION OF THE APPLICATION / DECLARATION
The application for recovery aid is to be submitted using the online assistant available on MyGuichet.lu.
The person submitting the application must have a LuxTrust product (e.g. Token, Smartcard or Signing Stick) or an electronic identity card.
How to create a business eSpace on MyGuichet.lu?
Two scenarios are possible:
- The person submitting the application is a new user on MyGuichet.lu and does not yet have a private eSpace:
The creation of the eSpace is done in 2 steps:
- registration of a user;
- creation of a business eSpace.
- The person submitting the application is a user of MyGuichet.lu and already has a private eSpace: they will have to create a new business eSpace.
A tutorial in video or PDF format is available to guide you.
The application for recovery aid must include:
- a balance sheet for 2019. For companies that have not yet published their balance sheet, the detailed turnover for each month in activity must be attached;
- the profit and loss accounts for the year 2019;
- the monthly VAT return (or quarterly or annual return if the company is not under the monthly scheme) for the month of the application and the one relating to the same month of the year 2019 for companies that are under the monthly scheme;
- a photo of the front and interior of the company's premises;
- a bank account identification document (relevé d'identité bancaire) for the business;
- in the case of a group of companies: an organisation chart of the group of companies.
AMOUNT OF AID
The company receives EUR 1,250 per employee and active self-employed person concerned.
The amount is EUR 250 per employee who is on full-time short-time work during the month for which the aid is applied for.
The amount is capped at:
- EUR 800,000 per single enterprise (all aids combined); and
- 85 % of the loss of turnover for the month concerned.
The total amount of aid per month per single enterprise may not exceed EUR 100,000.
NON-CUMULATION OF AID
Recovery aid cannot be cumulated with aid for costs not covered.
Who to contact
General Directorate for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (Department for Support to SMEs) - Neistart Lëtzebuerg
B. P. 535 / L-2914 Luxembourg
Postal address :
Phone : (+352) 247-74704Fax : (+352) 247-74701