Last update 07.05.2020
In the context of the Covid-19 crisis, the General Directorate for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises has set up a new emergency fund for self-employed workers.
All information in relation with the first emergency fund for self-employed workers (financial aid in the amount of EUR 2,500) is available on the following page.
The financial aid is in the form of a single flat-rate cash payment whose amount varies (EUR 3,000, EUR 3,500 or EUR 4,000) depending on the income bracket of the person concerned.
It is only available to people:
- whose main activity is as a self-employed person, and
- who are registered as such with the Luxembourg social security scheme.
Who is concerned
"Self-employed worker" means any person who mainly
- either carries out, on his/her own behalf:
- a professional activity within the scope of the Chamber of Skilled Trades and Crafts or the Chamber of Commerce; or
- a professional activity that is mainly intellectual and non-commercial;
- or holds more than 25 % of the company shares of a société en nom collectif, a société en commandite simple or a société à responsabilité limitée having as its object one of the activities listed above and holds a business permit issued in accordance with the relevant legislation;
- or is a director, general partner or authorised representative delegated to carry out the day-to-day management of a société anonyme, a société en commandite par actions or a société coopérative having as its object one of the activities listed above and holds a business permit issued in accordance with the relevant legislation;
- or carries out an activity in relation with the insurance sector.
The aid can be combined with the other types of aid made available in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
However, the aid can only be granted if the following 4 conditions are met:
- the self-employed worker was registered with the CCSS in that capacity on 15 March 2020;
- he/she holds all the authorisations and approvals necessary for carrying out the activity as a self-employed worker;
- the self-employed worker's professional income used as the basis for calculating his/her social contributions for 2019 plus any pensions paid by a pension insurance body, where applicable, must be greater than or equal to half the social minimum wage and must not exceed the sum of 2.5 times the social minimum wage (i.e. between EUR 12,851.94 and EUR 64,259.70 for the financial year 2019);
- the self-employed worker is experiencing temporary financial difficulties directly caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.
How to proceed
Filing an application
The self-employed worker, or their representative agent (e.g. a fiduciary), must submit the application using an online assistant available in their business eSpace on MyGuichet.lu.
All communications in relation with a submitted application must be made using MyGuichet.lu.
The applicant needs a LuxTrust product (e.g. token, smartcard or signing stick) or an electronic identity card.
There are 3 possible scenarios:
- The person submitting the application is a new user on MyGuichet.lu and does not yet have a private eSpace:
The creation of the eSpace is done in 2 steps:
- Registration of a user;
- Creation of a business eSpace.
- The person submitting the application is a user of MyGuichet.lu and already has a private eSpace: he or she will have to create a new business eSpace.
- The person submitting the application already has a business eSpace: the existing business eSpace can be used.
Amount of aid
The amount of the financial aid (EUR 3,000, EUR 3,500 or EUR 4,000) is determined by the income bracket of the person concerned.
Repayment of the aid is not required.
Payment of aid
The aid takes the form of a subsidy.
Several documents must be attached to the application:
- a bank account identification document.
- a document indicating the base used for assessing social contributions, plus a pension certificate if appropriate, for 2019.
The aid application must be made using the corresponding MyGuichet.lu assistant and must contain all the following mandatory information:
- information about the applicant: self-employed worker / company;
- the national identification number (matricule) of the self-employed worker/company;
- an exact description of the activity;
- the applicant's bank details (the account must be in the applicant's name);
- the consent given to the General Directorate for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises to verify the accuracy of the information provided with the Joint Social Security Centre, the Luxembourg Inland Revenue and the Registration Duties, Estates and VAT Authority;
- a signed declaration of honour on the accuracy of the information provided.
Forms / Online services
Notice to users of the Google Chrome browser version 80: there are currently problems with the electronic signature of MyGuichet.lu forms if you use this browser. Please switch to another browser to complete your online process.
Thank you for your understanding
Demande pour l'obtention d'une nouvelle aide financière d'urgence certifiée en faveur des travailleurs indépendants dans le cadre de la pandémie Covid-19 (Aide 3.000, 3.500, 4.000 EUR)
Who to contact
General Directorate for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (Department for Support to SMEs)
B.P. 535 - L-2914 Luxembourg
Postal address :
Phone : (+352) 247-74704Fax : (+352) 247-74701