Last update 12.01.2021
Within the framework of the support measures package "Restart Tourism. Stabiliséieren. Adaptéieren. Promouvéieren", whose objective is to restart the tourism sector, the General Directorate for Tourism has implemented a series of new measures with the aim to support non-profit associations promoting tourism, namely by contributing to their remuneration costs.
Who is concerned
This measure concerns each non-profit association established in Luxembourg that:
- is promoting tourism; and
- is managing a tourism infrastructure in a professional manner.
- is required to manage the following in a professional manner:
- a tourist accommodation establishment; or
- a tourist site; or
- a tourist offer; and
- must already have operated the infrastructure for which it is applying for the subsidy before 15 March 2020 and still operate it during the month for which the subsidy is applied for; and
- must be affiliated as an employer to the Joint Social Security Centre (Centre commun de la sécurité sociale - CCSS).
The expenses eligible for a contribution to remuneration costs shall be those relating to the management of:
- a tourist accommodation establishment (youth hostel, guesthouse, campsite);
- a tourist site (for example: castle, swimming pool, adventure park, museum, etc.);
- a tourist offer (for example: tourist train, bike rental, tourist information desk, etc.).
Applications for a contribution to remuneration costs must be submitted by:
- 31 January 2021 for applications concerning December 2020;
- 28 February 2021 for applications concerning January 2021;
- 31 March 2021 for applications concerning February 2021;
- 30 April 2021 for applications concerning March 2021.
How to proceed
Filing an application
The application file, completed, dated and signed by a person authorised to commit the association as well as all supporting documents, must be submitted to the General Directorate for Tourism at the Ministry of the Economy:
- by post to the following address:
Ministère de l’Économie – Direction générale du Tourisme
- or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application for a contribution to remuneration costs must include:
- a certificate of affiliation to the CCSS for each of the employees in active employment during the month for which the subsidy is requested;
- a record of the association's staff in active employment during the month for which the subsidy is requested and the occupancy rate for the month for which the request is made;
- a document detailing the monthly staff costs.
Additional documents to provide for applications concerning March 2021
Applications concerning March 2021 must include:
- a statement of subsidies obtained from other ministries;
- a forecast balance sheet and profit and loss account for 2020;
- an estimated budget for 2021.
Amount of subsidy
A subsidy of EUR 1,250 per active FTE (full-time equivalent) can be requested for the months of December 2020, January 2021, February 2021 and March 2021 (4 months).
The subsidy can be up to a maximum amount of:
- EUR 10,000 per month for non-profit associations employing less than 10 employees;
- EUR 50,000 per month for non-profit associations employing up to 50 employees;
- EUR 100,000 per month for non-profit associations with more than 50 employees.
Voluntary work is not taken into account.
The following is also not taken into account for the calculation of the subsidy:
- FTEs engaged in the framework of an employment reintegration measure;
- FTEs on short-time working;
- students hired by the association.
The following aid may be deducted from the subsidy:
- special state aid "COVID 19" received from other ministries; and
- aid granted by agreement by the Ministry of the Economy or other ministries in respect of staff costs.
Forms / Online services
ASBL - Demande d'une participation aux frais de rémunération dans le cadre de la gestion d’une infrastructure touristique - COVID-19 - Année 2021
Who to contact
General Directorate - Tourism (subsidies for congress tourism)19-21, boulevard Royal
Postal address :
BP 86, L-2937
Phone : (+352) 247 74152Fax : (+352) 47 40 11