Within the framework of the support measures package "Restart Tourism. Stabiliséieren. Adaptéieren. Promouvéieren" whose objective is to restart the tourism sector, the General Directorate for Tourism has implemented a series of new measures with the aim to support non-profit associations promoting tourism, namely by contributing to their operating costs.
Who is concerned
This measure concerns each non-profit association established in Luxembourg that:
- is promoting tourism; and
- is managing a tourism infrastructure in a professional manner.
The expenses eligible for a contribution to operating costs (after deduction of aid granted by agreement by the Ministry of the Economy or any other ministry in respect of the same expenses) relating to the management of:
- a tourist accommodation establishment (youth hostel, guesthouse, campsite);
- a tourist site (e.g. castle, swimming pool, adventure park, museum, etc.);
- a tourist offer (e.g. tourist train, bicycle hire, reception desk, etc.).
The expenses must be relating to:
- communication and advertising for the year 2020 (e.g. costs of printed matter, banners, advertisements, communication on social networks, etc.);
- the implementation of a digitalisation project carried out between 15 March 2020 and 31 December 2020.
Applications for a contribution to operating costs must be submitted by 15 December 2020 at the latest.
How to proceed
Filing an application
The application file, completed, dated and signed by a person authorised to commit the association as well as all supporting documents, must be submitted to the General Directorate for Tourism at the Ministry of the Economy:
- by post to the following address:
Ministère de l’Économie – Direction générale du Tourisme
- or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application for a contribution to operating costs must include:
- the articles of association of the non-profit association as filed with the RCS;
- the statement of subsidies from other ministries as well as copies of agreements with other ministries;
- the 2019 balance sheet and profit and loss account as voted at the last general meeting;
- the projected budget for 2020 as voted at the last general meeting and the corrected projected budget as of 31 July 2020;
- the summary statement of communication and advertising expenses incurred in 2020, accompanied by invoices and proofs of payment;
- a description of the digitalisation project carried out in 2020, with signed orders, invoices and proofs of payment;
- an illustration of the communication and advertising materials for which a subsidy is requested.
Amount of subsidy
The subsidy may include:
- a contribution of 50 % to communication and advertising expenses, up to a maximum of EUR 10,000;
- a contribution of 100 % of the costs relating to a digitalisation project, up to a maximum of EUR 25,000.
The following aid may be deducted from the subsidy:
- special state aid "COVID 19" received from other ministries for the same type of expenditure; and
- aid granted by agreement by the Ministry of the Economy or other ministries in respect of the same expenses.
The contribution to operating costs may be combined with the contribution to remuneration costs.
Forms / Online services
Non-profit organisation - Application for financial aid in relation with the operating costs of the management of a tourism infrastructure
Demande d'une participation aux frais de fonctionnement dans le cadre de la gestion d’une infrastructure touristique
Vereinigung ohne Gewinnzweck - Antrag auf Beteiligung an den Betriebskosten im Rahmen der Verwaltung einer touristischen Infrastruktur
Who to contact
General Directorate - Tourism (Restart Tourism)19-21, boulevard Royal
Postal address :
BP 86, L-2937