The Ministry of the Economy may grant a subsidy to communal administrations and non-profit associations (association sans but lucratif - ASBL) to cover costs incurred for an activity in the interest of national tourism.
The following are concerned:
- costs incurred in the organisation of a tourism-related event;
- costs incurred in the organisation of a sporting event tied to tourism;
- costs incurred in the organisation of a cultural event tied to tourism;
- costs incurred while participating in a fair or attending a convention or training course in connection with a tourism-related activity;
- advertising costs (printing of flyers, brochures, city maps, implementation of a graphic charter)
- costs incurred while implementing another tourism-related project.
Who is concerned
Only communes and non-profit associations may benefit from these aid schemes.
A prior request using the duly completed form must be submitted no later than 3 months before the event or activity, accompanied by an estimated budget and specific quotations.
After the event, the application must be returned to the General Directorate for Tourism together with the supporting documents.
How to proceed
Filing an application
The applicant must submit a duly completed aid application using the form provided for this purpose to the General Directorate for Tourism.
The application can be submitted electronically to the email address email@example.com.
If the application is submitted by post, the following address should be used:
Ministère de l’Économie
Direction générale du tourisme
Aides financières et comptabilité
Before the event or activity, the prior request must be accompanied by :
- the form, duly completed and signed;
- a estimated budget for the project;
- specific quotations.
After the event or activity, the application must be accompanied by:
- the form, duly completed and signed;
- financial statements showing receipts and expenses;
- receipted invoices and proofs of payment;
- documents illustrating the implementation of the project (press kit, activity report, photos, videos, posters, etc.);
- information on the possible participation of third parties in the financing of the project.
Amount of aid
The subsidy comes in the form of a financial aid paid to the beneficiary.
The amount of aid is determined by the General Directorate for Tourism based on:
- the activity's touristic value;
- the available budget.
The aid will be paid after completion of the activity on presentation of the application and supporting documents.
Obligations of the beneficiary
Recipients of a subsidy are required to meet the following obligations:
- the subsidy may only be used for costs and expenses related to the activity for which it was requested;
- they must print "Avec le soutien du ministère de la Culture" (Supported by the Ministry of Culture) together with the Ministry's logo on all materials provided to the public for the purposes of presentation, information or advertising, including on the relevant website;
- when publishing printed matter (flyers, brochures, city maps):
- if applicants have their own graphic charter, it should be used in conjunction with the Visit Luxembourg logo;
- if the applicant does not have a graphic charter, the National Tourist Board's graphic charter should be used in conjunction with the Visit Luxembourg logo;
- they must inform the Ministry of any major change in the association (mandate, legal or administrative structure, change of management, etc.).
Forms / Online services
Communal administration or non-profit association - Application for a subsidy for an activity to promote national tourism
Commune et Asbl - formulaire demande subside projet touristique
Gemeindeverwaltung oder Vereinigung ohne Gewinnzweck - Beantragung einer Beihilfe für Tätigkeiten im Interesse des nationalen Tourismus
Who to contact