The subsidy can be applied for by communal administrations or tourist information offices for the acquisition of special equipment in order to maintain or develop walking trails such as:
- equipment for mowing operations;
- equipment for the placement of posts and pannels;
- tools for the repair of benches;
- acquisition and installation of benches and bins.
Who is concerned
Only communal administrations and tourist information offices actively promoting tourism can benefit from the subsidy.
Applications must be transmitted at the latest one month before the acquisition of the equipment together with the required supporting documents.
Related invoices must be transmitted at the latest by 15 December of the year for which the subsidy is requested.
How to proceed
Filing an application
The applicant must submit a duly completed aid application using the form provided for this purpose to the General Directorate for Tourism.
The application can be submitted electronically to the email address email@example.com.
If the application is submitted by post, the following address should be used:
Ministère de l’Économie
Direction générale du tourisme
Aides financières et comptabilité
Applications must be accompanied by:
- an itemised quotation;
- where applicable, a Land Registry extract (Geoportal) providing information on the location of the equipment to be purchased (e.g. the location of a bench on a trail);
- where applicable, a photo of the current setup (e.g. of the bench that is to be replaced).
Amount of aid
The subsidy comes in the form of a financial aid paid to the beneficiary.
The amount of aid is determined by the General Directorate for Tourism depending on:
- the equipment purchased by the communal administration or the tourist information office;
- the available budget.
The subsidy is awarded as soon as possible after receiving the application, in the form of a direct payment of public financial aid to the beneficiary.
Forms / Online services
Communal administration or tourist information office - Preliminary application for a subsidy for the purchase of special equipment
Administration communale / Syndicat d'initiative - formulaire demande subside acquisition matériel
Gemeindeverwaltung oder Fremdenverkehrsamt - Vorabbeantragung einer Beihilfe für den Erwerb von Spezialgeräten