An employer who occupies an apprentice on the basis of an apprenticeship contract may be reimbursed the supplementary allowance.
Applications for reimbursement must be submitted to the National Employment Agency (Agence pour le développement de l'emploi - ADEM).
Who is concerned
This aid is available to each company that:
- is established in Luxembourg;
- has the right to train apprentices and;
- employs an apprentice on the basis of an apprenticeship contract for adults.
Employers must have:
- hired an apprentice on the basis of an apprenticeship contract for adults and;
- paid the minimum social wage for unskilled employees to the apprentice.
How to proceed
Upon receipt of the apprenticeship contract by the competent professional chamber, the form for the reimbursement of the supplementary allowance is sent directly by the Vocational Guidance Department to the employer-trainer.
Thereafter, requests for reimbursement may be submitted on a monthly basis or for a period covering several consecutive months.
Duration of aid
The supplementary allowance is due for any period covered by an apprenticeship contract for adults.
Amount of aid
The supplementary allowance corresponds to the difference between the amount of the social minimum wage for unskilled workers and the apprenticeship allowance paid during the initial training.