Students under the age of 30 who are enrolled in a higher education institution are entitled to free public transport.
This includes students in Luxembourg (registered e.g. at uni.lu, Lunex university in Differdange...) as well as students attending a higher education institution abroad.
How to apply
To benefit from free public transport, beneficiaries must provide:
- a recent passport photograph;
- a copy of an ID card/passport;
- proof of enrollment at a university;
- the "Studentenabo" order form, duly completed and signed.
These documents must be submitted to:
- one of the Mobilitéitszentral counters;
- by post to the following Mobilitéitszentral:
Beneficiaries will receive their card within a maximum of 10 working days.
The beneficiary has to:
- complete and sign the "Studentenabo" order form;
- provide proof of enrollment at a university;
- provide a copy of an ID card/passport.
The application must be transmitted by post to:
The beneficiary's request will be processed within a maximum of 10 working days.
The beneficiary can then load the new "Studentenabo" on his "mKaart" via "Pick Up".
Loss or theft
A "Studentenabo" can be replaced:
- by providing a certificate of theft or loss issued by the police;
- at a "Mobilitéitszentral" counter.
Please note that the replacement card costs EUR 25.
The card is valid from 1 August of a given year until 4 am on 1 November of the following year.
The card is valid for an unlimited number of journeys and on all public transport.
It is nominative and non-transferable.