Last update 06.09.2018
Secondary school students (myCard student);
Children and young persons under 20 years of age can use the Luxembourg public transport free of charge.
However, children under the age of 4 must be accompanied by a person who is at least 12 years old.
Secondary school students obtain a travel pass called "myCard élève" (myCard student). The card is the ID of the student and it allows them to travel free of charge throughout the Luxembourg public transport network (AVL, RGTR, TICE and CFL). Students attending private and international schools, as well as young people completing training programs, may also obtain a "Student myCard".
Students who have reached or exceeded the age of 20 and who are still schooled in a secondary education establishment also benefit from free transportation on presentation of their "myCard élève".
The myCard is issued by:
- Luxembourg educational institutions;
- the Ministry of Education, Children and Youth (Ministère de l'Education nationale, de l'Enfance et de la Jeunesse) (if the educational institution is abroad).
The myCard must have:
- the following indication, "vaut pour titre de transport pour les transports publics luxembourgeois sur le trajet 2e cl" (valid for transport on the Luxembourg public transport system, 2nd class);
- the school year for which it is being used.
- only valid for seats in 2nd class;
- subject to national pricing.
The "myCard élève" may not be taken away from its holder by a driver or a ticket inspector.
If it is lost or stolen, it cannot be replaced during its validity period.