From 2 August 2021, vaccination against COVID-19 will start to be available at the surgeries of family doctors and paediatricians.
Everyone over 16 years old (over 12 years old for a messenger RNA vaccine) has the possibility, subject to certain conditions, of getting vaccinated against COVID-19 at one of the doctor's surgeries taking part in the vaccination campaign with:
- the Janssen vaccine (Johnson & Johnson); or
- the Vaxzevria vaccine (AstraZeneca); or
- the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.
The choice of vaccine is made jointly with the doctor.
Who is concerned
Vaccination at one of the doctor's surgeries taking part in the vaccination campaign is for anyone not already vaccinated who:
- is over 16 years old (over 12 years for a messenger RNA vaccine); and
- has a 13-digit national identification number (matricule).
How to proceed
People who want to get vaccinated at one of the doctor's surgeries taking part in the vaccination campaign must:
- show the doctor an ID document; and
- have a 13-digit national identification number in the National Registry of Natural Persons (RNPP).
To find out which doctor's surgeries are offering vaccination against COVID-19, you can consult the list of doctor's surgeries taking part in the vaccination campaign on the Government's portal on the coronavirus (COVID19.lu).
You are strongly advised to contact your preferred doctor's surgery before going to get vaccinated.
Specificities for minors
Minors between 12 and 17 years old must be accompanied by a parent (father or mother) or a legal guardian, who must be present on the day the minor is vaccinated.
Minors who cannot be accompanied must bring a completed authorisation to the doctor's surgery, dated and signed by their legal guardian (father, mother or guardian).
CovidCheck vaccination certificate
Anyone who has been vaccinated in Luxembourg can download and/or consult their CovidCheck Certificate online on MyGuichet.lu.
Each parent can consult and/or download the CovidCheck Certificate of their minor children who are registered at the same address as they are.
Good to know
People who have questions about COVID-19 or vaccination can contact the Health Hotline (Santé) at (+352) 247-65533 from:
- Monday to Friday between 8.00 and 18.00; and
- Saturday to Sunday between 10.00 and 18.00.