The financial aid scheme for households affected by a natural disaster is a solidarity measure.
The aid is intended to cover the costs of essential repairs, and to purchase essential items, where such costs and purchases apply to the beneficiary's main residence.
Who is concerned
The financial aid is intended for Luxembourg residents who have been affected by a natural disaster.
Damage covered by an insurance policy is not taken into consideration in assessing the damage.
Several types of property are also excluded from the costs covered – namely:
- motor vehicles, bicycles;
- secondary residences and/or rental properties;
- caravans and mobile homes;
- additional kitchens and/or bathrooms;
- luxury items;
- sports and leisure equipment;
- garden sheds, greenhouses, plants and crops, fruit trees;
- saunas, swimming pools and solariums;
- cellar furniture.
Applications for financial aid for households in the aftermath of a natural disaster must be filed with the Ministry of Family Affairs, Integration and the Greater Region no later than 31 December 2021.
How to proceed
Filing an application
To obtain the financial aid for households in the aftermath of a natural disaster, applicants must fill in the "Application for financial aid for households in difficulty in the aftermath of a natural disaster" form (see the "Online services/ Forms" section below).
The application must be signed and, together with the available supporting documents, sent by post to the following address:
The following supporting documents must be provided as soon as possible:
- copies of the wage or salary pay slips or, in the case of private income, the statements of accounts, of each member of the household, and/or the most recent income tax statement;
- a copy of the insurer's letter of reply;
- where applicable: documents regarding maintenance/support payments;
- for properties held in commonhold:
- a copy of the letter of reply sent by the commonhold property insurer (common areas);
- the breakdown of the costs in respect of the commonhold, and detailed information on the ownership interests;
Optionally, applicants may enclose the following documents with their application:
- copies of receipted invoices and/or quotations;
- photos of the damage.
Amount of aid
The amount of aid granted is determined based on:
- the extent and nature of the damage;
- the household's financial situation;
- the number of dependent persons per household.
Good to know
For further information, victims can contact the "Solidarity" division of the Ministry of Family Affairs, Integration and the Greater Region:
Tel.: (+352) 247-86523