Update in progress
Persons who wish to rent a home but who do not have the necessary means to finance the rental deposit—a guarantee of solvency or surety required by the landlord—can apply for financial aid to finance the deposit.
The application form—and where necessary, its appendices—required to complete this process may be filled in, signed and submitted electronically to the competent body (refer to the instructions on the cover page of the form). To avoid problems when displaying, filling in or printing such PDF files, download the latest version of Acrobat® Reader® for free.
The eTracking function for hardcopy (paper) forms is available for this procedure. This feature enables users to stay informed about the advancement of their applications by email and/or by SMS.
Who is concerned
The application for financial aid to finance a rental deposit may be made by any person who:
- is of legal age on the date the application is submitted;
- is legally authorised to reside in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg (for a period of at least 3 years), and is registered with the population office of a commune in the Grand Duchy;
- is not be the owner or legally entitled user (usufructuary) of another dwelling, whether in Luxembourg or abroad;
- has signed a lease agreement for a dwelling located in Luxembourg, which dwelling is their primary and permanent place of residence;
- has entered into an agreement with a financial institution for a conditional deposit, and has authorised the financial institution, in the event that the landlord applies to the Government for the payment of the guarantee, to withdraw from the conditional deposit an amount equivalent to the financial aid paid by the Government to the landlord, and to pay that amount to the Government, upon its request, in particular through a security agreement.
The granting of financial aid is contingent on the following conditions being satisfied:
the applicant's income is less than 2.5 times the gross amount of the social minimum wage (revenu minimum garanti - RMG);
the monthly rent to be paid by the tenant must under no circumstance exceed one third of their income, and may not exceed EUR 191 (value indexed at 100 in the consumer price index);
the amount of financial aid to be granted may not exceed 3 months of rent;
the maximum amount of financial aid is capped at EUR 573 (value indexed at 100 in the consumer price index).
How to proceed
The application is submitted using the application form for financial aid to finance a rental deposit, which form must be returned to the Housing Aid Service (Service des aides au logement) together with the following documents:
- the applicant's and their spouse's payslips for the 6 months preceding the application date;
- a front-and-back copy of the applicant's passport, ID card or residence permit;
- a certificate of registration issued by the Joint Social Security Centre (Centre Commun de la Sécurité Sociale - CCSS).
The beneficiary of the aid must also immediately inform the administration of any change that is likely to affect the granting, maintenance, modification or withdrawal of the aid, or otherwise risk having to retroactively repay it.
Forms / Online services
Who to contact
Single point of contact for housing assistance11, rue de Hollerich
Phone : (+352) 8002 10 10Fax : (+352) 458 844Reception: Mon.-Fri. from 8.00 to 12.00 and from 13.30 to 16.00 – Thurs. from 8.00 to 17.30 / Telephone: Mon.-Fri. from 8.00 to 16.00