Applying for government aid to finance a rental deposit

Persons who wish to rent a home but who do not have the necessary means to finance the rental deposit—a guarantee of solvency or surety required by the landlord—can apply for financial aid to finance the deposit.

The application form—and where necessary, its appendices—required to complete this process may be filled in, signed and submitted electronically to the competent body (refer to the instructions on the cover page of the form). To avoid problems when displaying, filling in or printing such PDF files, download the latest version of Acrobat® Reader® for free.

The eTracking function for hardcopy (paper) forms is available for this procedure. This feature enables users to stay abreast of the progress of their applications by e-mail and/or SMS notifications.

Who is concerned

The application for financial aid to finance a rental deposit may be made by any person who:

  • is of legal age on the date the application is submitted;
  • is legally authorised to reside in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg (for a period of at least 3 years), and is registered with the population office of a commune in the Grand Duchy;
  • is not be the owner or legally entitled user (usufructuary) of another dwelling, whether in Luxembourg or abroad;
  • has signed a lease agreement for a dwelling located in Luxembourg, which dwelling is their primary and permanent place of residence;
  • has entered into an agreement with a financial institution for a conditional deposit, and has authorised the financial institution, in the event that the landlord applies to the Government for the payment of the guarantee, to withdraw from the conditional deposit an amount equivalent to the financial aid paid by the Government to the landlord, and to pay that amount to the Government, upon its request, in particular through a security agreement.


The granting of financial aid is contingent on the following conditions being satisfied:

  1. the applicant's income is less than 2.5 times the gross amount of the social minimum wage (revenu minimum garanti - RMG);

  2. the monthly rent to be paid by the tenant must under no circumstance exceed one third of their income, and may not exceed EUR 191 (value indexed at 100 in the consumer price index);

  3. the amount of financial aid to be granted may not exceed 3 months of rent;

  4. the maximum amount of financial aid is capped at EUR 573 (value indexed at 100 in the consumer price index).

How to proceed

The application is submitted using the application form for financial aid to finance a rental deposit, which form must be returned to the Housing Aid Service (Service des aides au logement) together with the following documents:

The beneficiary of the aid must also immediately inform the administration of any change that is likely to affect the granting, maintenance, modification or withdrawal of the aid, or otherwise risk having to retroactively repay it.

Forms / Online services

Demande en obtention d'une aide au financement d'une garantie locative

Demande en obtention d'une aide au financement d'une garantie locative

Les informations qui vous concernent recueillies sur ce formulaire font l’objet d’un traitement par l’administration concernée afin de mener à bien votre demande.

Ces informations sont conservées pour la durée nécessaire par l’administration à la réalisation de la finalité du traitement

Les destinataires de vos données sont les administrations compétentes dans le cadre du traitement de votre demande. Veuillez-vous adresser à l’administration concernée par votre demande pour connaître les destinataires des données figurant sur ce formulaire. Conformément au règlement (UE) 2016/679 relatif à la protection des personnes physiques à l'égard du traitement des données à caractère personnel et à la libre circulation de ces données, vous bénéficiez d’un droit d’accès, de rectification et le cas échéant d’effacement des informations vous concernant. Vous disposez également du droit de retirer votre consentement à tout moment.

En outre et excepté le cas où le traitement de vos données présente un caractère obligatoire, vous pouvez, pour des motifs légitimes, vous y opposer.

Si vous souhaitez exercer ces droits et/ou obtenir communication de vos informations, veuillez-vous adresser à l’administration concernée suivant les coordonnées indiquées dans le formulaire. Vous avez également la possibilité d’introduire une réclamation auprès de la Commission nationale pour la protection des données ayant son siège à 1 Avenue du Rock'n'Roll, L-4361 Esch-sur-Alzette.

En poursuivant votre démarche, vous acceptez que vos données personnelles soient traitées dans le cadre de votre demande.

Who to contact

Double click to activate the map
Last update