The 'Green Events' or 'Mir engagéieren eis' logos are issued to environmentally responsible events organised in Luxembourg by the Ministry of the Environment, Climate and Sustainable Development. They can be awarded to any type of cultural, musical, festive or sporting event.
If you wish to obtain one of these 2 logos for your event, you must meet certain eco-responsibility criteria.
The coordinators of the project, Oekozenter Pafendall and SuperDrecksKëscht, offer you personalised support to help you reduce the ecological footprint of your event.
Events that obtain one of the logos are listed on the www.greenevents.lu website.
Who is concerned
The 'Green Events' and 'Mir engagéieren eis' logos can be awarded to any type of cultural, musical, festive or sporting event, whether it is a sports race, a fair, a Christmas market or a music festival.
Application for the logo is open to:
- associations, federations and associations legally constituted as non-profit organisations and having legal personality;
- associations, federations, associations and clubs which have articles of association and pursue a non-profit aim. These articles of association must contain at least the name, purpose, registered office and provisions relating to the management of the accounts of the association and the club;
- administrations, services, commissions and associations of communes;
- ministries, administrations and public services;
- regional tourist offices (ORT), tourist offices and tourist information centres;
- natural parks of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg under the law of 10 August 1993 on natural parks;
- schools, drop-in centres, integrated centres for the elderly and other educational or social institutions.
Businesses can only obtain the 'Green Events' logo. The 'Mir engagéieren eis' logo cannot be attributed to a business.
Professional events are not eligible for the 'Green Events' logo. A specific 'Green Business Events' logo has been set up for this type of event.
The logo is assigned to a specific event organised on a specific date. For recurrent (e.g. annual) events, a new logo application must be submitted for each edition.
The event must take place in Luxembourg.
Certain projects are excluded from the 'Green Events' initiative. This applies to:
- events in the MICE sector (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, Exhibitions);
- recurring and regular events at permanent leisure venues (e.g. theatre performances organised by a theatre, concerts organised by a concert hall, film screenings by a cinema, exhibitions by a museum);
- recurring sports events (matches, training sessions);
- recurring leisure, cultural and sporting activities of an association (meetings between interested parties, walks, visits to museums, joint meals);
- events that are not for entertainment purposes (inaugurations, solemn ceremonies, commemorations, religious celebrations);
- exclusively commercial events (markets, flea markets, bazaars, trade fairs).
Support and personalised counselling for the awarding of the logo are free of charge and paid for by the Ministry of the Environment, Climate and Sustainable Development.
How to proceed
Filing an application
You must apply for the logo to the Oekozenter Pafendall ASBL or SuperDrecksKëscht at least 3 months before the date of the event.
Applications submitted after this deadline require the approval of the Ministry of the Environment, Climate and Sustainable Development.
You benefit from personalised and mandatory support for the ecological management of your event.
You must also submit the duly completed checklist together with the supporting documents (specified in the checklist).
How to obtain the logo
The criteria for obtaining the logo are listed in the Green Events checklist (see 'Forms / Online Services'). They are structured around 8 themes:
- communication & marketing;
- decoration & equipment;
- food & drink;
- water & sanitary installations;
- environmental commitment.
In order to be awarded the 'Green Events' logo, the event must meet all the mandatory criteria in the checklist.
To obtain the 'Mir engagéieren eis' logo, the event must meet at least half of all the criteria, both mandatory and optional.
If these conditions are met, you sign a charter of commitment, in which you undertake to respect the eco-responsible criteria for your event.
You will receive the logo in digital form for the event in question. The logo may be used on any communication medium before and during the event.
The Ministry of the Environment, Climate and Sustainable Development as well as the Oekozenter Pafendall and the SuperDrecksKëscht reserve the right to visit the event to verify compliance with the criteria.
If you have been awarded the 'Green Events' logo, you can receive a subsidy of EUR 1,500. Businesses are not eligible for this subsidy.
Some of your expenses may also be covered up to a maximum of 25% without exceeding the amount of EUR 1,000. They must relate to the implementation of the following optional measures:
- printing on recycled / eco-labelled paper;
- printing of PVC-free banners, tarpaulins and roll-ups;
- decoration (plants, garlands, table decoration, etc.) made from natural and/or reusable materials;
- shuttle services during the event;
- rental of reusable tableware (food and drink) ;
- purchase of recycled paper napkins;
- installation of mobile toilets connected to the sewerage system;
- provision of eco-labelled or recycled toilet paper;
- provision of eco-labelled hand soap;
- use of eco-labelled cleaning products;
- energy-efficient lighting (LED, solar lighting).
After the event, the Oekozenter Pafendall or SuperDrecksKëscht team will contact you for a feedback interview.
Forms / Online services
Demande de subside dans le cadre du projet "Green Events"
Note de frais engagés dans le cadre du projet "Green Events"
Who to contact